Getting things setup in the house I moved into last year.  I have a Grizzly g0441 that I previously hung from the wall in the garage when I lived in Florida. Like almost all homes there it was concrete block.  Since I live in Georgia now the house is of course wood framed.  I would prefer this time around to put it in a stand.  I could buy the one from grizzly but there is no reason I cant make one myself.  Dont have a welder so I will be making it out of wood.   If anyone has done this I would love to see pics and hear opinions on what you have done.

I have an older version of this one.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0441?ut...rizzly.com

Thanks

PM Cian, he built his out of strut and is one of the nicer ones I've seen.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I have a Penn State cyclone.  I think it is called a Tempest.  If you get the download the manual for it, they have plans for building your own stand.  I can send PM pictures if you want of mine.
It is a 3/4" back board that attaches against the wall.  Cantilevered shelves for the cyclone.  
I can send the plans for mine.  Just PM me and I'll see what I can find.
RP
[attachment=1316]

It's just an old table top with a hole cut in it, mounted on legs.  Plenty stable, and dirt cheap.  The motor is tucked in between floor joists.

As a bonus, I'll probably use it as the frame of a crate when I move, with the cyclone inside it, skinned with plywood.  
Laugh 

This was taken when I was first building the cyclone (connection to the bin underneath not yet done), and I've since added a switched receptacle so the on/off switch is on the table top skirt, for convenience.  The HF blower's on/off switch remains 'on' all the time, and being a known weak link, it's just as well.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
There are a couple of wooden stands on Google images. Also, some folks make their stands out of Unistrut, but a Unistrut stand may end up being more expensive than the Grizzly stand.

unistrut stand
I have used plenty of unistrut at work, so I didn't bother to think about it for my cyclone because of the $$$$$.  I have the start of a stand, which is some rusty angle iron I liberated from the metal scrap at work.  Kinda glad this thread started, I was thinking about the problem wrong.
My G0440 is on a unitstrut stand on wheels. Works well.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I made my own stand because:
1) I needed it to be a custom height to fit beneath the ceiling joists in my basement shop.
2) I wanted it mobile to easily slide in and out of the alcove where it would reside, to allow cleaning the filter easier.
3) Because I could.

[Image: IMG_1446.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1445.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1440.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1697.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1747.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1749.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1745.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1764.jpg]
Cian- where did you get the unistrut from?
(02-22-2017, 11:00 PM)mongo Wrote: Cian- where did you get the unistrut from?

You should be able to find it any Big Box.  IIRC, I bought everything locally between Menards and Home Depot.
Anyone build a cyclone stand?