Finally getting some shop time this winter. I had numerous requests from friends for some birdhouse ornaments over the past year and finally making good on them. Still have to turn the base for the last one yet. Seems everyone wants stands for them, this is what I came up with. The rod I used is brazing rod.  Still have another 6 or so to make yet. The rod in the first pics seemed to long to me, the ornament would bounce around a lot. The bottom one is what I came up with today. I think I prefer that one. Uses quite a bit less rod too.

Matt

[Image: 014_zpscxtfkcwx.jpg]

[Image: 016_zpsietemouk.jpg]

[Image: 006_zpsvjocsvzx.jpg]

[Image: 009_zpsho6hpfrh.jpg]
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I agree about the rods,but you did a beautiful job on those bird houses.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Thanks Mel.
Great looking birdhouses.  I like the second rod better too.
Rodney
Thanks Rodney 
Cool
Very nice.  Did you make the birds too, or are those bought?
No I'm not THAT talented! haha  Got them here. http://www.floraltrims.com/arlene-bird-b...ittle.html  Floral Trims has tons of birds. 
Cool
Beautiful!  Where did you get the birds and the eyelets?  I did birdhouse ornaments a couple of years ago using kits, but I think I'm going to freehand them again.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(02-14-2017, 06:47 PM)mranum Wrote: No I'm not THAT talented! haha  Got them here. http://www.floraltrims.com/arlene-bird-b...ittle.html  Floral Trims has tons of birds. 
Cool

Laugh
Laugh

Thanks.
(02-14-2017, 07:49 PM)AHill Wrote: Beautiful!  Where did you get the birds and the eyelets?  I did birdhouse ornaments a couple of years ago using kits, but I think I'm going to freehand them again.

The eyelets on these are run of the mill eyelets from the hardware store, but these are fair sized birdhouses. In the past on smaller birdhouses I used barbed shanks from fishing hooks. Longer hooks just cut the hook off and super glued them in place. I saw in an earlier thread about using either cotter pins or eyelets from jewelry making. I'm going to look into that.
Had to make some more birdhouses