Show me your sofa tables, please?
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"

[attachment=1324]
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

This is one I built 12 years ago ..

[Image: Table1a_zpsgiypvlvw.jpg]

[Image: image080.jpg]

Jarrah top and Blackbutt body.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Not a great picture

[Image: Cherry_Table.jpg]
(02-15-2017, 10:10 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: This is one I built 12 years ago ..

[Image: Table1a_zpsgiypvlvw.jpg]

[Image: image080.jpg]

Jarrah top and Blackbutt body.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Beautiful sofa table.  I like the "style" or looks of this one.  I have a side table I want to make for a small wall near one of the doors I go in and out of in my home and although I want the top a bit more shorter and curved I may mimic this one for the build when I get around to it.
Yes
Here is another sofa table. I made this one about 10 years ago for a friend's house warming as they liked the one above. The front was inspired by Jim Krenov (after he sent me one of his smoothers).

[Image: Humphreystableangleview1a_zpstb58lpgh.jpg]

The top is Cherry and the base Jarrah.

[Image: Humphreystabletopdetails1.jpg]

[Image: 9Krenovthick.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Here is one I built about 10 years ago. It was actually one of my first pieces of furniture. I no longer build this style but still really like G&G furniture. This one is curly cherry

[Image: GG_Table.jpg]
These are very nice. How wide is a sofa table, generally?
Usually 14 to 20 inches. wide or deep depends how you think of it. Most are around 4' to 6' long, or wide. Generally they will fit easily behind a sofa. Most of those already shown are viewed as what I would call a hall table, entry table. Though the piece of furniture is pretty much the same, it's placement usually gives it it's name. In front of the sofa they are shorter, and I call them coffee or magazine tables. Basically the sofa table allows for a platform to put "stuffe" that Me-Lady wants to show off behind the couch where it doesn't get stomped on
Crazy  
Crazy

[Image: Bruno-Sofa-Table-600x600.jpg]

[Image: dae2a5662c1411f7792f0d3bc586b450.jpg]

[Image: furniture-couch-table-ikea-hemnes-sofa-t...50x150.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(02-16-2017, 07:31 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Here is another sofa table. I made this one about 10 years ago for a friend's house warming as they liked the one above. The front was inspired by Jim Krenov (after he sent me one of his smoothers).

[Image: Humphreystableangleview1a_zpstb58lpgh.jpg]

The top is Cherry and the base Jarrah.

[Image: Humphreystabletopdetails1.jpg]

[Image: 9Krenovthick.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek

Another awesome piece of furniture and it turned out beautifully.
Sofa tables