I finished a Cherry night stand with Watco Danish Oil and then a coat of wax.

A guest placed their water glass on it and it now has several faint water rings.

How do I repair this now that I've banned that guest from my home?

(03-11-2017, 09:59 PM)sroxberg Wrote: I finished a Cherry night stand with Watco Danish Oil and then a coat of wax.

A guest placed their water glass on it and it now has several faint water rings.

How do I repair this now that I've banned that guest from my home?

Hello, the 'water rings' are likely in the superficial layer of the Watco oil finish, which is just a wiping varnish (Source) - there are plenty of hits googling the term 'water stains furniture' w/ some varied solutions.  Just finished reading Bob Flexner's book on my iPad and have attached 4 pages on dealing w/ water rings - I'd probably start w/ the DN alcohol suggestion first, but up to you.  Good luck - Dave
Smile

P.S. there was a similar thread not too long ago recommending a commercial product available at home stores - cannot recall the name at the moment?
[attachment=1604]
[attachment=1605]
Piedmont North Carolina
I've had real good results with this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XN...UTF8&psc=1

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
Yes, the Homax pads (also branded Jasco) are what I use in professional repair work.  But then again, I can't smear on some mayo and tell the customer to wipe it off in the morning and the ring should be gone.   I've used denatured alcohol on antiques (probably shellacked) and it worked well, but most of my work is on newer furniture.
Glass Water Rings