Sources for Bandsaw blades for Resawing, this question is probably asked before, but I could not find it in my search

I am in market for a resaw blade. and the most popular sources I see is  WoodSlicer at Highland  and Timberwolves
I heard about Itura, I contacted them by e mail two weeks ago but no answer , he also do not answer phone, looks like he made enough money that he does not need any more business.

Laguna Carbide tip blade is great but I cannot justify for my infrequent use.

I can contact Local Band saw blade machine shop , but not sure the quality and what to look for in Resaw blade.

Any other sources I am missing?

Any comparison on woodslicer and Timberwolves?

I think the first question to answer is what sort of saw do you have and the second is how often you intend to slice veneers. both matter when it comes to an answer
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Personally, I'd try Mr. Iturra again, by phone not by email.  He is incredibly knowledgeable and generous with his time and information.  He has been very helpful to me.
                 -Howard
(03-27-2017, 11:00 PM)JGrout Wrote: I think the first question to answer is what sort of saw do you have and the second is how often you intend to slice veneers. both matter when it comes to an answer

It is Rikon 10-320    14" saw
If you can't find a bandsaw blade here, you might as well quit.
Linky
I did not see a 131 1/2" BS blade that is spec'ed for my 17" Griz.  

Check back to the Swap and Sell in a few weeks after I list my shop for liquidation.   Never saw it coming.  Tough, really enjoyed it...
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
(03-27-2017, 11:23 PM)Jack01 Wrote: It is Rikon 10-320    14" saw

I would suggest a 1/2"x 3H (hook) TPI bimetal band from woodcraft bands  You will find that a very slow feed speed to clear chips will serve you best. 

Expect a learning curve if this is your first attempt at resawing you will learn a lot about setup of the saw to get optimum results
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Try a 1/2" wood slicer.  I know Highland Hardware sells them.

IME they don't last as long as I hoped but they are a decent value.
I like these guys Call them with info on your saw, they will make a blade just for your saw, with particulars about what you tell them you want to do, and what you think you want to do it on. Guaranteed it will not come to you on a blister card that is what someone figures all blades your length need to be. So yeah custom might cost a few pennies more, but you will have a blade that will preform optimally.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
What Joe G. said.  Recognize that it's going to be really slow going with that 1 HP motor, if that's what you saw has.  And you are going to want to spend whatever time is required to get your saw to cut straight before trying to resaw anything very thick.  I have a 1.5 HP motor on my 14" Delta.  It can cut beautiful 10" thick veneers - now, but it took a lot of effort to get there.

John
Bandsaw blades for Resawing