Samsung washer, not a front loader but a newer model that doesn't have the agitator in the middle of the drum.

My MIL reported water on the floor after she ran a load of laundry through the washer while we were gone. Apparently it was not more than could not be mopped up with a towel. I checked tonight, everything was dry, no loose fittings, etc behind the washer. Floor was dry under and around it. My wife started a load, everything was dry at least through starting the spin cycle on the wash. I was doing other stuff and just found a damp towel on the floor and the washer finished, so evidently what's happening is either on the spin cycle for the wash or sometime during rinse. While emptying the clothes tonight I noticed my arm got wet from the top edge of the drum. I don't remember that happening before. I felt around between the outside of the drum and the cabinet and it appears the outside is a little wet in the area where the water was on the floor. Given this and that it it's not a lot of water - I'd expect a flood if there was a leak in the pump - it appears that water is making its way over the top of the drum for some reason, during either the wash spin, rinse or rinse spin. Could it be that the fill sensor is broken and the washer is getting too full of water?

Have you done any research? Also, there may be specific information about the problem if you Google your model number.

samsung top load washer leaking from bottom
I had the same problem with my nearly new washer.  The washer drained into a sink and the sink filled too high because the drain was clogged with lint.  How are you draining the washer?  Into a sink or directly into a trap?  Make sure it is clear.

In my case I simply bought a fine drain screen and I check it frequently to make sure it is clear of lint.  No problems since.  But a real mess when I first discovered the issue.  

They do make washing machine trays, but if your machine is in the basement there will be no way to drain the water.  They are about $70.00 at the box stores and they accept a standard garden hose to drain.  If the  washer is on the upper floor you will need to drill a hole through the floor to allow it to drain.  
Also use stainless steel braided inlet hoses to protect from water damage.    It was a bigger deal years ago when washing machines routinely outlived the hoses.  But modern washing machines don't last so long so it is less of an issue.

[Image: washing+machine+in+drain+pan.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I did some checking, non-PE detergent can cause this, according to Samsung. I checked the bottle we have, it is non-PE. Since it's a cheap potential fix Im going to get some PE detergent and see if it fixes the problem. I don't think it's a pump or similar leaking, I'd expect a lot more water if it were.
I've had an out of balance load spit some water out.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(05-09-2017, 09:02 AM)CLETUS Wrote: I've had an out of balance load spit some water out.

I think this is something like that.... if it were a pump or other problem I'd expect it earlier in the wash cycle and I'd expect a lot more water.
My leak occurred during the drain cycle (second rinse) when the first rinse did not drain down the sink.
same thing happened to me.  After I dismantled the machine, I found that the inner tub, the kind of plastic looking one, had a 4 inch split in it and on full cycles would dump water out.  I now never run a washing machine without a catch pan.  Just a side not, the standing rule at the house is that when you are finished shut the water off (quarter turn valves are the best). Had a friend who went out of town for the weekend, and while they were gone, a hose burst and filled their basement with 4 inches of water
(05-09-2017, 01:53 PM)wannabedivin Wrote: same thing happened to me.  After I dismantled the machine, I found that the inner tub, the kind of plastic looking one, had a 4 inch split in it and on full cycles would dump water out.  I now never run a washing machine without a catch pan.  Just a side not, the standing rule at the house is that when you are finished shut the water off (quarter turn valves are the best). Had a friend who went out of town for the weekend, and while they were gone, a hose burst and filled their basement with 4 inches of water

I read that the number one (by dollar amount) claim category for  insurance claims (home owner) is water damage.  The number one type of water damage is a burst pipe due to freezing of a garden hose outlet.

The second largest category was burst hoses from dishwashers and clothes washers.  The article suggested that the best insurance against this type of damage was stainless braided hose.
Crokett, we have had that happen too...once or twice. The water had to splash over the top of the drum.  GE product.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Water On The Floor After Washing A Load Of Clothes