Does anyone know where I can get dependable one that does not cost an arm and a leg since I still like them.
Yes

A link or if you are selling or wanting to trade for it let me know.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

you can make your own for a song

This is an old machinists technique and it works just fine 

go down to first you need to make a straightedge 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

What length?
Arlin

This is right at 24" long $40.00 includes S&H

This right at 41" long and is around $63.00 including S&H

Video that will show you why these are considered very accurate straight edges.

Lee Valley doesn't give you enough 0's but prices are ok. Buy when they offer free S&H.

Remember it's woodworking, so it might not need to be as exact, depends what you want to do with it, and how long a length you think you need.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
How accurate and long? Without this answered, I have no idea what you're looking for.
A 4 foot level is 25-30 bucks.
I have a 48" long x 2" wide stainless steel drafting straight edge which I use. Pacific Arc brand straight edges are reasonably priced, but I'm not sure about the quality.

Pacific Arc Stainless Steel Straight Edge

Order one from Walmart, Office Depot, Staples or some other place where you are sure it can be returned if you don't like it.
Four foot aluminum level. Also works fine as a saw guide and does a pretty good job when you actually need a level.
They have 78" levels too.

But it depends on.... What you're looking for! ? 
Upset    

He must still be in the restroom.  
Laugh
Laugh

I picked up some 80/20 at the 80/20 garage sale.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Yes if they have the extrusion you are looking for, they have better pricing there. Sort of their odds and ends store. I think their biggest problem is shipping cost is pretty steep no matter where you get it. But it is long, and sometimes heavy if you get several pieces.

This is a series 40 2" x 4" at 40" length right at 57 bux shipped.

80 20 Garage sale home page
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Straightedge for leveling