LOML and I are settling in our new home in Florida. Now it's time to adjust my woodworking from a large basement shop in Ohio to a smaller shop as part of my oversize two-car garage. Unpacking of the tools will begin next week.

The good news  I've made contact with a small business owner - cabinet maker -  who is willing to sell quality sheet goods and hardwood lumber. My primary concern about lack of available lumber appears to be alleviated.

r2

WooHoo! Welcome to Flor-i-DOH. There is no snow to shovel so we have more shop time down here.

If you ever get up to the panhandle, swing by Tallahassee for a shop tour.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Jim,

I'm in the panhandle - just north of Panama City. I'll be over your way in a couple of weeks for car service - no Audi dealer here in the PC area - none there either, but Capital Eurocars is authorized to service Audis.

I'll get in touch a few days before I come over.

r2
(05-27-2017, 07:10 AM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: WooHoo! Welcome to Flor-i-DOH. There is no snow to shovel so we have more shop time down here.

If you ever get up to the panhandle, swing by Tallahassee for a shop tour.

Yeah but I don't have to mow or landscape ground covered in snow.

Smirk
Yes, at least round me (NE FL) finding quality hardwood lumber can be a challenge. Many of the suppliers cater to millwork outfits and therefore only carry surfaced lumber.

Rust prevention will be tops on your list of adaptations.
Things are Looking Good in Florida