I'm building a split-top Roubo bench ala' Benchcrafted.com.
It'll be in soft maple with black walnut accents. However, I still need some walnut at adequate size for the vise chop.

It would be great if it had some figure or flashy grain to it, but that isn't required. I'll need it about 8/4 to 12/4 thick.

Anyone have something I can buy?
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas

I have a lot of cut offs. What width and length do you need and about what price range would you be looking at. I believe I have quite a bit of both thicknesses. Some looked figured and others more plain.

JLH
Sticks head in.......Looks around..........Sniff, Sniff.....It's good to be home . McApple 7/29/10

Metal chairs have no soul. patriarch 12/07/2013

I'll get the length/width for you, but price expectation would be market rate in board feet.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
I'll need a final dimension of 9" wide, 34-3/4" tall and 2-1/2" thick.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
Where are you located? I'm in Cleveland, Ohio and have a couple pieces that would work.
I may have some if the other sources don't work out. I'm in Maryland.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I'm in Arkansas. Zip 72120

Do you gentlemen mind posting a few photos of what you have?
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
(06-02-2017, 07:56 PM)T.J. Wrote: I'm in Arkansas. Zip 72120

Do you gentlemen mind posting a few photos of what you have?

I lan on being in the shop later today. I will get some pics and post them this evening.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(06-03-2017, 07:49 AM)museumguy Wrote: I lan on being in the shop later today. I will get some pics and post them this evening.

Ok, thanks!
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
The piece that I have is in the rough, 3" thick x 7" wide x 76" long.

Garry
WANTED: Small walnut slab for leg vise chop