I have a hand plane that needs some tlc. It's a baily #3. it's all there just needs a good cleaning and sharping. Would there be anyone interested in working on it.?
To do easily what is difficult for others is the mark of talent.

Where are you located?
Pistol,

The cleaning might not be so tough to do. Simple Green can remove a lot of grime. WD40 and some 180 grit sandpaper can remove tougher grime and rust. WD40 applied on a cotton cloth can restore luster to washed out handles. 

And, sharpening is a gateway skill needed for both vintage and modern tools; so . . . perhaps it's time to invest in that arena and take this opportunity to learn. Even if one of us sharpened this blade and fettled everything into correct settings, the next time you took it apart for resharpening, you'd need to know how to duplicate these steps. 

Have fun and let us know how we can encourage or help you.
Gotta learn it sometime, so take your time, enjoy, and make sawdust...
Archie
Mendon Mo.
Take the time and learn how to clean and rehab your plane. It is easy and if you don't have too much money invested in the plane, then you won't feel bad if something bad happens to it if you have an accident.

As Arch_E says, take some Simple Green to the body. Don't worry about it rusting. Take the frog and iron off and give the body a good bath. Soft bristle brush will get the nasties out of the nooks and crannies. From there just get some 100 grit sandpaper and begin to lap the sole of the plane. Then do it again with 150 grit. Wash rinse and use 200 grit. Jump up to 600 grit and you will almost be done with the sole lapping. If you want a mirror like shine, then use 2000 grit sand paper to finish.

The iron will be similar in lapping as the sole. Go through all of the grits and then concentrate on the cutting edge. Sand paper is your friend here, too. Keep the same angle on the edge that came with the blade and definetly finish with 2000 grit paper.

Should take you no more than a couple of hours to rehab the plane. Hopefully the handle and tote is in good shape, but that shouldn't be too hard to bring back to life.(unless the front screw hold on the handle is broken)

Press on, and don't get discouraged. Learning how to rehab a plane is a great entre into hand wood working.
Give a man a fish and he is good for a day.  Teach him to fish and he will set in a boat and drink beer all day.

Give a man a rehabbed plane and he is good for a day.  Teach a man to rehab a plane and he will spend all his time rust hunting planes, chisels, etc.  
Rolleyes
Cheers ...

Lyn Disbrow: Born in America ... a long long time ago

Ain't that the truth.
Smile 
So very true. 

So, try to acquire and not collect. (AMHIKT)

Set limits on how many of each type/kind that you purchase.  And, no, the type is no guarantee of performance; if it works (and works well) stop there. Even if you had a beloved Stanley type 11 (12 or 13), there may be no gain in performance. Good enough is just that!

Not all hand tools are as helpful (even if they are cool)! E.g., the cool factor of a Millers Falls #2 (or 2A or 5) hand drill is off the charts; but it's not going to be nearly as useful as a 10" sweep brace. A brace can beat a cordless drill in torque (not an impact driver) and handle all kinds of drilling needs. Yes, 6" and 8" braces are great, as well; but don't get too many. A 6" is superb for normal screw needs; 10" is sort of the jack of all trades, while the 12", 14", and 16" braces are powerful torque forces, the latter being playfully labelled a bit-buster. 

Handsaws have numerous functions and classifications (and one really does need a lot of handsaws :
Smile   There's the general prep saws (rip and crosscut, typically 24" or longer), the case saws (typically 8"-16", with brass or steel backs), and the finishing saws (panel saws, typically under 20") and the longer miter saws used in the jigs. 

Oh, well, stopping here since there's just too much to gather (a much better word than "collect").

Have fun
Gotta learn it sometime, so take your time, enjoy, and make sawdust...
Archie
Usually, I have a standing offer:

Someone sends my a plane for rehab, postage both ways.   I will rehab the plane and send it back in the box it came in, using a return postage label.   They pay postage both to and from my shop..and not a cent more.  

Turn-a-round is usually two days..plus shipping times.

Up to you....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
This is my email. kennygunn49@yahoo.com send me your address. Postage both ways and that's it? What about time and labor?
Hand plane