Hey Folks,
I've recently started building, modifying and otherwise generally making messes of guitars. I've found very good luck with Mohawk's "Classic Instrument Lacquer" and upon some folks recommendations, will probably try their "Piano Lacquer." I really like the flexibility of mixing my own solid and translucent colors. With that said, I'm trying to find a correct direction for mixing a very bright, clean, solid/opaque yellow, without any hint of the dinginess and/or  "Mustardiness" of "school bus chrome" yellow. I've only used Mixol tints in the past, but am open to other suggestions that are compatible with this nitrocellulose lacquer. I'm also not sure of the color combinations needed. The colors that come close when goggling are Canary Yellow, Graffiti Yellow and Lemon Yellow, if you want to see what I'm shooting for.
Thanks Folks,
Gene

"Gettin' Old Ain't For Sissies"

Maybe ViviTone Pigment Colorants for solvents from Homestead Finishing might meet your needs. 

John
WOW!
They're pretty proud of their product at $15.95 plus $19.40for the ride! Oh well, it's another option.
Thanks,
Gene
Gene

Did you check the price on E-Bay? 

John
Yessir John, I did. That's where I found the prices. With all that said, I think I'm just going to have my Mohawk dealer split a gallon up into quarts and color one for me from a demo swatch. No fee for the tinting, but $8 for the splitting!
Thank You Sir,
Gene
Gene

Gene, I'm intrigued about the Classic Instrument Lacquer.  Can you tell me does that go over oil, shellac, and stains.  It seems to only come in clear.  I'm thinking of using it as a top coat.  Do you know what it is exactly?  How would I find what other finishing materials it is compatible with?  Thanks.
NC Lacquer For Guitars?