Hello once again everyone here's another piece I did this time it's African Ribbon Stripe Mahogany & Curly Maple. All my projects are hand done w/ out CNC or computer figured layouts. This "SUN TRAY" is 11" D 1 1/2" deep; the sun inlay is 1/4" thick.

Leave your door open to your shop so I can find the wood I would like to have.
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
[attachment=3700]Here's a few shots of the work being done. 
Awesome!!  Really beautiful piece.  David
That's really nice!  I like the side profile you did on the tray.  Routing out the base for the inlay takes a steady hand, and you nailed it.  Great job.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thank you very much for your kind words David and Allen; I really like the shape of the tray also, and I'm thinking of doing another w/ out the inlay but giving this one a lid.

Bruce
Beautiful!!  The frosting on the cake so to speak is the inlay.  That's a BIG wow.  How you managed to "rough" route the inlay outline with a baseplate you can't see through defeats me.   What type of tool(s) did you use to route right on the lines?? 

Dave
very nice
Yes
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Thank you... I look at the router bit while cutting at the hole in the center; I used 1/4 & 1/8 inch carbide bits and went very slow.
African Ribbon Stripe Mahogany & Curly Maple Tray