those who actually own one do you like it? The table with the two guides not just the basic. Does Makita or anyone else have a good equivalent?
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy

I love mine. Use it way more than I ever thought I would. I picked it up for a song on Craigslist. I never wouldve paid full price for it and prior to buying it thought anybody who did was completely crazy. But I literally use it every time I'm in the shop.

There are cheaper alternative though including homemade.
-Marc

(09-20-2017, 11:28 AM)oscarMadison Wrote: those who actually own one do you like it?  The table with the two guides not just the basic.  Does Makita or anyone else have a good equivalent?
this one?

[Image: pcc_mft3_000000_a_01a.jpg]
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(09-20-2017, 05:55 PM)JGrout Wrote: this one?

[Image: pcc_mft3_000000_a_01a.jpg]

yeah that looks like the one.
mark
I recently got the MFT and so far I really like it. I use it as a work table more then anything else. The precision holes and clamps make it very versatile for lots of projects, as well precision cuts with the track saw. I don't have the Festool TS55, I have a Makita but it fits the Festool track just fine.
Earl
i've got a contractor saw and had been planning on getting a cabinet saw. Like the idea of something lighter weight. Most of my plywood work I've been doing using a homemade track saw and the floor. Thinking this or something like it might cover my needs.
mark

(09-24-2017, 09:15 PM)oscarMadison Wrote: i've got a contractor saw and had been planning on getting a cabinet saw.  Like the idea of something lighter weight.  Most of my plywood work I've been doing using a homemade track saw and the floor.  Thinking this or something like it might cover my needs.

I have a good cabinet saw but I don't break down sheet goods with it, I use my Makita track saw for that. I have very limited space in my garage shop, so I needed something that I could break down and store away when not in use. I thought long and hard about spending this much money on what is basically a table but I decided to give it a try. As I said I use it for a work table a lot but I also make precision cross cuts that are too large or bulky to comfortably do in my table saw. I have been very happy with my choice and I think you would find the MFT3 would fit your needs also.
Earl
I don't have one but the Kreg work table might be worth considering.  Cost is low compared to the MFT - you could get two of them for less than $400.  A pair would give you a lot of options.

https://www.kregtool.com/store/c64/work-...ct-center/

Lonnie
I considering getting one of those myself for working in the garage or outside. While I love my MFT I do not consider it portable, although it is marketed to be that way. It weighs a bloody ton and it ackward to boot!

The kreg thing looks handy and as much as kreg has earned a bad name from Pinterest folks putting pocket holes in everything, they make good products imo.
-Marc

(09-25-2017, 01:22 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I considering getting one of those myself for working in the garage or outside. While I love my MFT I do not consider it portable, although it is marketed to be that way. It weighs a bloody ton and it ackward to boot!

The kreg thing looks handy and as much as kreg has earned a bad name from Pinterest folks putting pocket holes in everything, they make good products imo.

that interesting to hear. One of the other parts that was attractive was I was thinking mobility. Was thinking it would be nice to work on my patio some day instead of in the shop.

Don't follow pinterest. I think kreg is an interesting tool and own one. I wouldn't use it on everything but for a lot of stuff it can be very useful. I'll have to look at that table too.
mark
festool mft table with guides