Greetings,

I am looking for input on a fair price for a used Nova 1624-44 lathe. The lathe has a handwheel, stock tool rest and Nova tube legs. Good working order and manufacturered before they were made in China.

Thanks for your input.

There was one on the Nashville craigslist a few days ago for $950 which included a grinder to sharpen chisels. It must have sold since it's not listed any longer.
(10-02-2017, 04:58 PM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Greetings,

I am looking for input on a fair price for a used Nova 1624-44 lathe.  The lathe has a handwheel, stock tool rest and Nova tube legs. Good working order and manufacturered before they were made in China.

Thanks for your input.

Sold my 1624(china made) for 650. Only hit I had on my CL add. Was happy
Steve K

Wow $950?
This lathe was around $1200 new and Woodcraft used to have them on special for around $900

It looks like the new 1624 II sells for about $1000 and comes with a bed extension.

(10-03-2017, 04:15 AM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Wow $950?
This lathe was around $1200 new and Woodcraft used to have them on special for around $900

It looks like the new 1624 II sells for about $1000 and comes with a bed extension.

Yeah, I bought mine new from Woodcraft for $900, and it came with the legs.  $600- 650 is what I'd expect to pay for a used one without any accessories.

(10-03-2017, 05:18 AM)badwhiskey Wrote: Yeah, I bought mine new from Woodcraft for $900, and it came with the legs.  $600- 650 is what I'd expect to pay for a used one without any accessories.

It all comes down to if people know what they cost new and cost when on discount and if they think someone else might get it before them.
Yes
Laugh
Laugh   That is the Truth to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Fair Price for a Used Nova 1624 - 44 Lathe