I'm making a Krenov style, round bottom plane. Not rocker style front to back curve, but a radiused blade. I made one before and I can't remember -- shape the bottom and then file the mouth, or the other way around? I think shape first and file second makes sense. I could be wrong.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site

(10-11-2017, 09:30 PM)Aram Wrote: I'm making a Krenov style, round bottom plane. Not rocker style front to back curve, but a radiused blade. I made one before and I can't remember -- shape the bottom and then file the mouth, or the other way around? I think shape first and file second makes sense. I could be wrong.

Aram,  I was hoping someone else with more experience would jump in,  but I would shape it first.  I would treat it like a hollow and round plane, though of course you will not have a side escapement.
Round bottom plane question