bloodwood and wellowheart
[Image: 193_zpsvouioibg.jpg]

Hickory yellowheart and purpleheart. The angle of the picture is real bad, the shape is better than it looks
[Image: 194_zpstabodjbm.jpg]

[Image: 193_zpsvouioibg.jpg]" />
[Image: 193_zpsvouioibg.jpg]" />

Angus I really like them both and the Hickory is a great wood to.

How did you cut the staves for the Bloodwood, or did you just cut them thick?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Both are very nice!
Arlin, the ring with the star is just 4/4. The turning is less than 4" tall and about 14" across.
Very nice indeed!
Very
Cool ...
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Thanks for the info.  I am trying to grasp how to make stave work into some segmented work as well and need to wrap my head around how to do the sides and the bottoms so they go the pitch I want.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Excellent
Angus

On the wide Bloodwood and Yellowheart one how did you hollow it out?

Did you hollow the bottom one and then the top one and glue them together?

It is hollowed Arlin. I turn the inside as I add layers. On these spaceship kind of forms I turn the inside to the top of the feature ring. Then I glued the ring with the star in it and turned that with my hollowing tools.
2 new ones