I had a piece of spalted beech that was heavily spalted, despite that it was still pretty solid. Made one ornament with walnut and one with maple.

[Image: pVUIDdjnkZhl5MeQbZj0AAY9VFZnXMjm8gmeTCtD...85-h643-no]

[Image: nf6mjwlTtobHX3jXSr-sjKqPBzLxTvkp5c8g6HQh...80-h643-no]
Steve K

Beautiful!
Those deserve a "WOW",well done.Beautiful work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Very nice indeed!

What is the finish?

(10-24-2017, 04:28 PM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Very nice indeed!

What is the finish?

Thanks, 2 seal coats of shellac, sanded and top coated with Target coatings EM6000 water borne lacquer.
Steve K

Steve

Another job well done buddy.  I forgot what you use to hollow them with?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

(10-24-2017, 05:37 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Steve

Another job well done buddy.  I forgot what you use to hollow them with?

Thanks Arlin I use some home made hollowing tools. 5/16" round bar from the local hardware and 8.8mm carbide inserts from captain eddie.
Steve K

Lovely ornaments, Steve.  What is the approximate size and where do you get the eyelets?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill

(10-24-2017, 06:19 PM)AHill Wrote: Lovely ornaments, Steve.  What is the approximate size and where do you get the eyelets?

Thank you sir, my globes are usually 2" diameter or less. Overall length is around 5". I get the eyelets from http://www.woodworkingparts.com/
Steve K

Great job. I've been thinking about turning a few this year.
A couple ornaments