Hello once again every one, about a month ago I had turned a platter in Cherry to do some Pyrography on but the fire in the grain of that piece was so nice I couldn't bring my self to burn it. So I turned another piece this time it was a Teak platter just under 16" D and was going to do a Pyro fall pattern on it, but after looking at this piece I thought I would hand carve the Embellishment into the project and also pierce threw leaving a floating rim. All the work is hand done the only power tool used was the lathe. The name comes from when I started to come up with this idea back on September 22nd. I hope you all like it 
C&C Welcome, Teak 16" D Varnish finish

Bruce

(10-25-2017, 12:31 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Hello once again every one, about a month ago I had turned a platter in Cherry to do some Pyrography on but the fire in the grain of that piece was so nice I couldn't bring my self to burn it. So I turned another piece this time it was a Teak platter just under 16" D and was going to do a Pyro fall pattern on it, but after looking at this piece I thought I would hand carve the Embellishment into the project and also pierce threw leaving a floating rim. All the work is hand done the only power tool used was the lathe. The name comes from when I started to come up with this idea back on September 22nd. I hope you all like it 

Bruce

That's very nice, very.
Steve K

(10-25-2017, 12:31 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Hello once again every one, about a month ago I had turned a platter in Cherry to do some Pyrography on but the fire in the grain of that piece was so nice I couldn't bring my self to burn it. So I turned another piece this time it was a Teak platter just under 16" D and was going to do a Pyro fall pattern on it, but after looking at this piece I thought I would hand carve the Embellishment into the project and also pierce threw leaving a floating rim. All the work is hand done the only power tool used was the lathe. The name comes from when I started to come up with this idea back on September 22nd. I hope you all like it 

Bruce

Bruce

That is a swell job there and I love it. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Beautiful piece. Any idea as to how many hours you have into that wonderful piece?
Thank you Steve, Arlin and Turner; I really didn't keep track of hours 2-3 HRS on nights I didn't have to work I started on the 6th Oct. Fin. on the 23rd. I'm guessing 30 -36 HRS total carving time.

Bruce

(10-25-2017, 03:17 PM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Thank you Steve, Arlin and Turner; I really didn't keep track of hours 2-3 HRS on nights I didn't have to work I started on the 6th Oct. Fin. on the 23rd. I'm guessing 30 -36 HRS total carving time.

Bruce

very nice carving there
Cool
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Thanks Woodshop
Stunning.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Beautiful piece!.
You must have great patience.

What carving tools did you use?
Thank you Gary and Dusty; I used these and a set of small files.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ICT...UTF8&psc=1
Autumn Equinox