TGIAG Cabinet Scrapers and Scraper Plane Blade Sale

Card Scrapers are one of those tools, that once mastered, make you wonder how you got along without them. They can be used to give you a glass smooth surface on just about any wood. And they work particularly well on figured woods. All four edges can be sharpened (another term for the process is "raising a burr") . That way you extend the amount of times between reforming the burr.

All of our standard scrapers are cut from 1095 Blue Polished Spring steel that has a Rockwell hardness of 48 to 58Rc. This hardness allows the scraper to take an edge and hold it for an amazingly long time.

Mini Scrapers
When we shear up spring steel to make our card scrapers it generates a small amount of scrap. Some of this scrap inevitably finds it's way to my workbench (what can I say? I'm a pack rat!). I had a couple of pieces of thin spring steel sheared to about 1 1/8 x 2 1/2 x 0.015" thk and 1 3/8 x 3 x 0.015" thk. I reasoned that I could use them for glue removal or some other similar task. However, while working on the restoration of an antique saw handle I noticed myself constantly reaching for these small scrapers.Their size and shape made them perfect for getting into hard to reach places. Especially the inside of an enclosed saw handle! And the size made it possible to bow them between your thumb and forefinger and use them one handed. I liked the size so much that I sheared up
some more. That's when we decided that these mini scrapers would make a great addition to our current product line.

They are being offered in a set of (6)
(3) 1 1/8 x 2 1/2 x 0.015" thk
(3) 1 3/8 x 3 x 0.015" thk
For $4 (plus $8.75 S&H)

Standard Card Scrapers
Size: 2-3/8" x 6" x 0.025" thk

These were the first products we offered up for sale and still are one of our most popular items.  A set of (3) card scrapers sells for $10 each (+ S&H).
[Image: 1095scraper2.jpg]

Light Credit Card Scrapers
Size: 2" x 4" x 0.015" thk

Medium Credit Card Scrapers
Size: 2" x 4" x 0.020"/0.025" thk

The light and medium credit card scrapers are great to use when working on small areas where a larger card scraper will get in the way. They are particularly useful when working on saw handles or plane totes. Since they are light, they can be bowed between thumb and forefinger and used one handed.
These are selling in a set of (5) for $5 (+ S&H)

SS Premium Credit Card Scrapers
(2" x 4" x .0.025" thk 301 SS) $10 for a set of 5 (+ S&H)
These scrapers are similar in size and performance to the Standard Card Scrapers. However, these are sheared from corrosion resistant 301 Stainless Steel.

No80 Cabinet Scraper Blade: 2 3/4" x 3" x 0.042" thk, $6.00 ea
No 81 Cabinet Scraper: 2 1/2" x 3 7/8" x 0.042" thk, $6.00 ea
No82 Box Scraper Blade: 1 1/2" x 2 3/4" x 0.042" thk, $4.00 ea
No12/112 Scraper Plane Blade: 2 7/8" x 5" x 0.042" thk, $8.00 ea

These Scratch Stock Blanks come in sets of (10) and are perfect for making your own profiles.

10 pc: 0.042" Thk Scratch Stock set    1" x 2-1/4" (nom) x 0.042" thk"    1095    $5.00 Each
10 pc: 0.032" Thk Scratch Stock set    1-1/4" x 2" (nom) x 0.032" thk"    1095    $5.00 Each

(All prices above to do not include shipping and handling)

SPECIALS
Card Scraper Sets

For a limited time we are offering a complete set of either Standard (1095) or SS Premium or Card Scrapers for one low price

Standard Card Scrapers (made from 1095 Blue Polished Spring Steel)

This set includes:
  • (3) Standard Card Scrapers -  a $10 value
  • (5) Medium Credit Card Scrapers - a $5 value
  • (5) Light Credit Card Scrapers - a $10 value
  • (1) 1/8" dia x 1 1/4" (nom.) Carbide Bit to make your own burnisher - a $1 value
For $15 + $8.75 Shipping and Handling. That's a saving of $6

SS Premium Card Scrapers (made from 301 Hi Yield Stainless Spring Steel)

This set includes:
  • (4) Premium SS Card Scraper (normally 3 for $15, plus you get ONE extra scraper!)
  • (5) Medium Premium SS Credit Card Scrapers (normally 5 for $10)
  • 1/8" diameter x 1 1/4" lg carbide bit for making a burnisher (while supplies last)
This would normally be a $31 value. We will box all these up and send them to you for $20 + $8.75 Shipping and Handling (That's a savings of $11)

SHIPPING
All shipping: CONTINENTAL USA Only.(Sorry, No International Shipping)

When ordering multiple items, shipping will be combined (when possible).

ORDERING
If you are interested in ordering or have any questions, please send me an email at  Dominic@tgiag.com. NO PMS PLEASE!! The PM System here will not notify of new ones and quite frankly it's a pain to work with

Please be sure to state which scrapers you are interested in purchasing. Please also provide your mailing address so we can calculate shipping costs

PAYMENT
Paypal is the preferred method of payment. However, we accept Money Orders and Cashier's Check (No Personal Checks).
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?

(11-15-2017, 09:32 AM)Blacky Wrote: TGIAG Cabinet Scrapers and Scraper Plane Blade Sale

Card Scrapers are one of those tools, that once mastered, make you wonder how you got along without them. They can be used to give you a glass smooth surface on just about any wood. And they work particularly well on figured woods. All four edges can be sharpened (another term for the process is "raising a burr") . That way you extend the amount of times between reforming the burr.

All of our standard scrapers are cut from 1095 Blue Polished Spring steel that has a Rockwell hardness of 48 to 58Rc. This hardness allows the scraper to take an edge and hold it for an amazingly long time.

Mini Scrapers
When we shear up spring steel to make our card scrapers it generates a small amount of scrap. Some of this scrap inevitably finds it's way to my workbench (what can I say? I'm a pack rat!). I had a couple of pieces of thin spring steel sheared to about 1 1/8 x 2 1/2 x 0.015" thk and 1 3/8 x 3 x 0.015" thk. I reasoned that I could use them for glue removal or some other similar task. However, while working on the restoration of an antique saw handle I noticed myself constantly reaching for these small scrapers.Their size and shape made them perfect for getting into hard to reach places. Especially the inside of an enclosed saw handle! And the size made it possible to bow them between your thumb and forefinger and use them one handed. I liked the size so much that I sheared up
some more. That's when we decided that these mini scrapers would make a great addition to our current product line.

They are being offered in a set of (6)
(3) 1 1/8 x 2 1/2 x 0.015" thk
(3) 1 3/8 x 3 x 0.015" thk
For $4 (plus $8.75 S&H)

Standard Card Scrapers
Size: 2-3/8" x 6" x 0.025" thk

These were the first products we offered up for sale and still are one of our most popular items.  A set of (3) card scrapers sells for $10 each (+ S&H).

Light Credit Card Scrapers
Size: 2" x 4" x 0.015" thk

Medium Credit Card Scrapers
Size: 2" x 4" x 0.020"/0.025" thk

The light and medium credit card scrapers are great to use when working on small areas where a larger card scraper will get in the way. They are particularly useful when working on saw handles or plane totes. Since they are light, they can be bowed between thumb and forefinger and used one handed.
These are selling in a set of (5) for $5 (+ S&H)

SS Premium Credit Card Scrapers
(2" x 4" x .0.025" thk 301 SS) $10 for a set of 5 (+ S&H)
These scrapers are similar in size and performance to the Standard Card Scrapers. However, these are sheared from corrosion resistant 301 Stainless Steel.

No80 Cabinet Scraper Blade: 2 3/4" x 3" x 0.042" thk, $6.00 ea
No 81 Cabinet Scraper: 2 1/2" x 3 7/8" x 0.042" thk, $6.00 ea
No82 Box Scraper Blade: 1 1/2" x 2 3/4" x 0.042" thk, $4.00 ea
No12/112 Scraper Plane Blade: 2 7/8" x 5" x 0.042" thk, $8.00 ea

These Scratch Stock Blanks come in sets of (10) and are perfect for making your own profiles.

10 pc: 0.042" Thk Scratch Stock set    1" x 2-1/4" (nom) x 0.042" thk"    1095    $5.00 Each
10 pc: 0.032" Thk Scratch Stock set    1-1/4" x 2" (nom) x 0.032" thk"    1095    $5.00 Each

(All prices above to do not include shipping and handling)

SPECIALS
Card Scraper Sets

For a limited time we are offering a complete set of either Standard (1095) or SS Premium or Card Scrapers for one low price

Standard Card Scrapers (made from 1095 Blue Polished Spring Steel)

This set includes:
  • (3) Standard Card Scrapers -  a $10 value
  • (5) Medium Credit Card Scrapers - a $5 value
  • (5) Light Credit Card Scrapers - a $10 value
  • (1) 1/8" dia x 1 1/4" (nom.) Carbide Bit to make your own burnisher - a $1 value
For $15 + $8.75 Shipping and Handling. That's a saving of $6

SS Premium Card Scrapers (made from 301 Hi Yield Stainless Spring Steel)

This set includes:
  • (4) Premium SS Card Scraper (normally 3 for $15, plus you get ONE extra scraper!)
  • (5) Medium Premium SS Credit Card Scrapers (normally 5 for $10)
  • 1/8" diameter x 1 1/4" lg carbide bit for making a burnisher (while supplies last)
This would normally be a $31 value. We will box all these up and send them to you for $20 + $8.75 Shipping and Handling (That's a savings of $11)

SHIPPING
All shipping: CONTINENTAL USA Only.(Sorry, No International Shipping)

When ordering multiple items, shipping will be combined (when possible).

ORDERING
If you are interested in ordering or have any questions, please send me an email at  Dominic@tgiag.com. NO PMS PLEASE!! The PM System here will not notify of new ones and quite frankly it's a pain to work with

Please be sure to state which scrapers you are interested in purchasing. Please also provide your mailing address so we can calculate shipping costs

PAYMENT
Paypal is the preferred method of payment. However, we accept Money Orders and Cashier's Check (No Personal Checks).

Sent you an email...
Brian
Sent you Email..thanks
Jerry
Got a bunch of emails and I will be replying to them tonight

I'll also be posting some "seconds and best" saw plates for sale as well. There should be some nice bargains in there for thos eof you who like to make their own saws.
See ya around,
Dominic
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
OK gang, I just boxed up a bunch of orders and will be dropping them off at the Post Office tomorrow. We still have lots of scrapers left in stock so get your order in before the holiday rush.
See ya around,
Dominic
Ok, I'm starting to work on the next batch of orders. If you need some scrapers or if you want to give a woodworker a very nice (economical) gift, it's hard to beat the Standard Card Scraper Sale. You basically get enough scrapers to set yourself up for a LONG time.

Plus, I haven't had a chance to list them yet but we also sell heavy duty card scrapers 3 for $10. These are the same size as the standard ones (2.375" x 6.0") but are 0.032" thk. They excel at heavier stock removal. They are also the perfect size (and thickness) to cut into special shapes to make curved scrapers

Another item we have listed are chairmaker's saw plates. If you look at the February 2014 issue of Popular Woodworking there is an article by Jeff Miller that describes their use. They look a lot like a bigger, heavier stair saw. We've been selling these pretty steady and have gotten a lot of positive feedback on them

Chairmaker's saw plate, 3" x 12" x 0.032"thk: $25 each
See ya around,
Dominic
Sending pm with a special request.

- ajh (wood2woodknot)

(11-25-2017, 12:06 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Sending pm with a special request.

- ajh (wood2woodknot)

Please email me at Dominic@tgiag.com
See ya around,
Dominic
(11-15-2017, 03:35 PM)oliverwoodworker Wrote: email sent
Card Scrapers for Sale