Christmas present for one of my grand sons, Mostly turned
Laugh sometimes ya got to go flat
Uhoh ( I'm Batman)

[attachment=25172]

[attachment=25173]
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop

(11-19-2017, 10:54 AM)Woodshop Wrote: Christmas present for one of my grand sons, Mostly turned
Laugh sometimes ya got to go flat
Uhoh ( I'm Batman)

[Image: scooter3.jpg]
[Image: scooter4.jpg]

Very nice! It will be treasured I'm sure.
Steve K

(11-19-2017, 10:58 AM)Steve K Wrote: Very nice! It will be treasured I'm sure.

That will be a favorite for sure. Great job.
I really like it.  How did you engrave the batman on it so well?

I sure would love to make one for my 19mo Grandson.  Do you have the plans for it
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

(11-19-2017, 05:24 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I really like it.  How did you engrave the batman on it so well?

I sure would love to make one for my 19mo Grandson.  Do you have the plans for it
Thanks everyone
I don't have any plans as usual. the bat symbol was printed off the internet and traced it on the wood with carbon paper, from there it was all free hand router. once I had the hole I made an inlay to fit a little at a time with a dremel  under a large magnifying glass and light. the really hard part is getting the multi angles on the handle bars bent the same
Crazy .

I can give you some dimensions but there is allot more to it that would be hard to explain. I took a wire and bent it to simulate the handle bars to give me something to go by . a plate welded to the base of the bars for screwing to the column . the wheels are 5" x 1-1/4  the base is 19' x 1-1/4 x 2-1/4 .the seat is 3-3/4 x11x1 the seat height totally assembled should be 7-1/2" from floor
the axles are 5/16 rod threaded on each end to fit perfect with lock nuts and washers. the wood that hols the axles is 1-1/2 sq.x5 turned round 1" on each end x 1-3/8. the column is 2" x ? turned down to 1" through the moving parts and dowel to glue in both ends.
Don's woodshop
So who is the old geezer in the back ground. 
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Winkgrin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Wonderful project! Destined to be a family heirloom
That definately deserves the WOW factor,beautiful work and gonna be one happy grandson.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Needs a sissy bar and better suspension.

You come up with some great projects!
VH07V  

(11-19-2017, 09:44 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Needs a sissy bar and better suspension.

You come up with some great projects!

you calling Batman a sissy
Laugh

Actually this is the second scooter I made, I built one a few years ago for my first grandson . so when grandson #2 came to play with him he discovered he could ride it, and ride it, and ride it.
I  figured it was time he had his own
Cool

[attachment=25174]
[attachment=25175]
Don's woodshop
Christmas present