Ok, here's some quality items that I would own (if I needed triples), fairly described and reasonably priced, so lets go......

First up is a Stanley Type 16 5 1/4; 95% japanning; sole has some light evidence of rust that clearly does not affect use, I'm too lazy to lap it and leave it to you if it bothers you; two apologies, first the tote has been repaired, by me with epoxy, and is now solid, second, there is a small crack in the corner of the mouth running from the rear of the mouth from front to back, hard to see but I gave a closeup pic; it doesn't look like its moved in 50 years, but its there and I'm all about full disclosure; I have several planes with similar features, they make excellent users; other than that, it works as it should; I reset the bevel on the Tormek, and gave it a quick back flattening and sharpening and the plane performs.  Taking into account the apologies, its yours for the amazing price of $35 plus shipping; see album link below for more pics, here's a teaser:

[Image: 24736416947_36a939e09b_b.jpg]

Next up we have two, yes two, North Bros Yankee 10" throw braces; again, best brace ever made which will certainly outlast you, you simply can't kill them; you know when the old Ma Bell chose a brace for its lineman they bought the best (and raised your phone bill to cover the cost!).  These are the 2100s, pre Stanley acquisition, that have the oil ports for lubrication instead of the sealed green grease, personally I like these better because of that. Both work as they should; the one on the left has more nickle loss than the one on the right, so its $35 plus shipping, the one on the right is $40 plus shipping; otherwise they are identical; teaser pic:

[Image: 24736414227_d49498b953_b.jpg]

Next up is a 12" throw PS&W (quality manufacturer, well regarded) brace, I had this up a while back but the sale fell thru, so here it is again; 12" gives you a lot more torque for serious boring tasks, this one has all quality features, enclosed ratchet, Lion ball bearing chuck (which some think is as good as the Yankee chuck), and its in very nice condition; yours for $25 plus shipping, teaser pic:

[Image: 24736412687_c6a8f4e0f6_b.jpg]

Next we have a set of three very nice Buck Bros gouges, from left to right:  a 1/2 wide with neat fingernail grind, its older with "Charles Buck" marking; a 1/2 wide with the full width grind, and a 3/4 wide with full width grind; all the handles are nice and tight, apology, the 3/4 has some pitting from former rust on the back, but this has zero affect on the grind, see closeup pic; all will need sharpening; gouges sold as a set only for $35 plus shipping, here's a teaser pic:

[Image: 24736410867_1025034490_b.jpg]

Finally, we have a 2 inch wide Solliden butt chisel, from Sweden, clearly marked, handle very nice and is tight, slight evidence of rust on back that will come out when back is flattened; needs sharpening, otherwise a great chisel made from traditional Swedish steel, yours for $18 plus shipping; teaser pic:

[Image: 38708033815_43fb5ba64c_b.jpg]

Here's the link to the Flickr album with the rest of the pics of each item, you can use the zoom feature to enlarge...  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...0427494641

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets precedence; and please include your full shipping address in the PM so I can quote shipping and print up mailing labels.  Sorry, I don't have paypal, I'm an old dog and that's a new trick, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then check are just dandy.

Tools that are priced reasonably for users and have been given the once over by someone who knows what they are looking at, and that I would own and use.

thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

I'll take the solliden 2" chisel.  PM on the way.
2 inch butt is sold.
Buck gouges are gone.
PM sent for the Stanley 5 1/2
The two 2101s are gone and I've got multiple guys lined up for the 5 1/4.

Remaining is that very nice 12" PS&W brace.
PS&W 12" brace is sold.

That closes out the thread.

Thanks to all for looking!
(01-12-2018, 05:13 PM)Admiral Wrote: Ok, here's some quality items that I would own (if I needed triples), fairly described and reasonably priced, so lets go......

First up is a Stanley Type 16 5 1/4; 95% japanning; sole has some light evidence of rust that clearly does not affect use, I'm too lazy to lap it and leave it to you if it bothers you; two apologies, first the tote has been repaired, by me with epoxy, and is now solid, second, there is a small crack in the corner of the mouth running from the rear of the mouth from front to back, hard to see but I gave a closeup pic; it doesn't look like its moved in 50 years, but its there and I'm all about full disclosure; I have several planes with similar features, they make excellent users; other than that, it works as it should; I reset the bevel on the Tormek, and gave it a quick back flattening and sharpening and the plane performs.  Taking into account the apologies, its yours for the amazing price of $35 plus shipping; see album link below for more pics, here's a teaser:

[Image: 24736416947_36a939e09b_b.jpg]

Next up we have two, yes two, North Bros Yankee 10" throw braces; again, best brace ever made which will certainly outlast you, you simply can't kill them; you know when the old Ma Bell chose a brace for its lineman they bought the best (and raised your phone bill to cover the cost!).  These are the 2100s, pre Stanley acquisition, that have the oil ports for lubrication instead of the sealed green grease, personally I like these better because of that. Both work as they should; the one on the left has more nickle loss than the one on the right, so its $35 plus shipping, the one on the right is $40 plus shipping; otherwise they are identical; teaser pic:

[Image: 24736414227_d49498b953_b.jpg]

Next up is a 12" throw PS&W (quality manufacturer, well regarded) brace, I had this up a while back but the sale fell thru, so here it is again; 12" gives you a lot more torque for serious boring tasks, this one has all quality features, enclosed ratchet, Lion ball bearing chuck (which some think is as good as the Yankee chuck), and its in very nice condition; yours for $25 plus shipping, teaser pic:

[Image: 24736412687_c6a8f4e0f6_b.jpg]

Next we have a set of three very nice Buck Bros gouges, from left to right:  a 1/2 wide with neat fingernail grind, its older with "Charles Buck" marking; a 1/2 wide with the full width grind, and a 3/4 wide with full width grind; all the handles are nice and tight, apology, the 3/4 has some pitting from former rust on the back, but this has zero affect on the grind, see closeup pic; all will need sharpening; gouges sold as a set only for $35 plus shipping, here's a teaser pic:

[Image: 24736410867_1025034490_b.jpg]

Finally, we have a 2 inch wide Solliden butt chisel, from Sweden, clearly marked, handle very nice and is tight, slight evidence of rust on back that will come out when back is flattened; needs sharpening, otherwise a great chisel made from traditional Swedish steel, yours for $18 plus shipping; teaser pic:

[Image: 38708033815_43fb5ba64c_b.jpg]

Here's the link to the Flickr album with the rest of the pics of each item, you can use the zoom feature to enlarge...  https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...0427494641

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets precedence; and please include your full shipping address in the PM so I can quote shipping and print up mailing labels.  Sorry, I don't have paypal, I'm an old dog and that's a new trick, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum, then check are just dandy.

Tools that are priced reasonably for users and have been given the once over by someone who knows what they are looking at, and that I would own and use.

thanks to all for looking.
...........All nice tools...but for those who have never used one, the 5 1/4 is a dandy little guy...Like a #3 on steroids......Sweet !!!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-13-2018, 06:26 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,
...........All nice tools...but for those who have never used one, the 5 1/4 is a dandy little guy...Like a #3 on steroids......Sweet !!!!!!

I do like mine, and thanks, I try and find different, and quality stuff, again, stuff I'd own, If I didn't already have them!  One of these days, hopefully no earlier than 25 years or longer, there will be one h*ll of a garage sale.....
Laugh
HANDTOOLS: 5 1/4; NBros Yankee 2100; PS&W; Buck Gouges; 2" Swedish Chisel