I helped a neighbor replace a kitchen sink today. The new sink is deeper than than the old one. Double sink, with disposal.
Where the p-trap connects to the main drain line is now above the level of the waste outlet of the disposal.
I need to lower the connection on the main line so the p trap connection is lower than the drain line coming out of the disposal, right?

Easy enough to do- PVC, cut, shorten, reconnect with a coupling.

(01-14-2018, 06:22 PM)goaliedad Wrote: I helped a neighbor replace a kitchen sink today. The new sink is deeper than than the old one. Double sink, with disposal.
Where the p-trap connects to the main drain line is now above the level of the waste outlet of the disposal.
I need to lower the connection on the main line so the p trap connection is lower than the drain line coming out of the disposal, right?

Easy enough to do- PVC, cut, shorten, reconnect with a coupling.

Yes, but you probably will have to lengthen the vent side also.   About 14" from FLOOR to center is normal height.  (From floor,not bottom of cabinet)    Roly   PS don't forget to knock out dishwasher connection plug if using a dish washer.
Thanks Roly- the drain line has a one way vent on the top under the sink- it does not vent outside. Whatever I cut off the line to lower the connection, I will add back to the top to keep the one way valve at the same height.

Project complete. Funny thing is when I was making where I was going to cut the drain line, I suspected it was not glued at a coupling. A little bit is wiggling and it pulled right out. Didn't need the coupling I bought.
One minor drip on the sink basket- tightened the nut and it went away

Life is good

For now anyway

(01-15-2018, 02:39 PM)goaliedad Wrote: Project complete. Funny thing is when I was making where I was going to cut the drain line, I suspected it was not glued at a coupling. A little bit is wiggling and it pulled right out. Didn't need the coupling I bought.
One minor drip on the sink basket- tightened the nut and it went away

Life is good

For now anyway

What !  Not several trips to the hardware store. That is unusual.   As you said life is good.   Roly
Oh I made a premptive trip to the store. Luckily 80% of what I bought is going back

kitchen sink plumbing?