Hello all,

Does anyone use ear plugs for hearing protection?

What would you recommend?

I wear glasses and the muffs are getting annoying and the cheap HF ones that I'm using have me wondering if they are doing that much good.

So before I look to get a good pair of ear muffs I wanted to see about some quality ear plugs.

Thanks
Peter

My "day job"

Quality ear muffs will not interfere with eyeglasses.
Wood is good. 
I have some disposable earplugs for airplanes.  Little kids don't bother me anymore. 
Smile

I use some David Clark 27 earmuffs LINK.  I suppose it depends on your glasses frames.  I wear my earmuffs and a good respirator over my glasses all the time without issue.
I've been running into the same problem.  My ear muffs are cheap Harbor Freight ones.  By rotating the headband to the back of my head I could get all the things wrapped around my head to line up a bit better.  I have also been using plain earplugs also.  I have found the sound with the earplugs very comfortable.  I figure if earplugs are good enough for work around jet aircraft, they are good enough for woodshop noises.  What I am using now are the Benchdog safety glasses/ ear plug combo, but consider a set of attached ear plugs, that are connected by a rigid piece of plastic that can keep the plugs stored around my neck.
A carpenter's house is never done.
I wear earplugs and muffs.

After being stupid in my youth, I have tinnitus in both ears so I am doing all that I can to protect the hearing I have left.
One of my favorite tools:

ear plugs

Replacement tips can also be purchased but they last a good long time.
When I had a day job we were required to wear hearing protection and eye protection at all times when we were on the factory floor (and sometimes 1/2 mask respirators). I haven't seen a pair of muffs that was totally satisfactory when you had the glasses on. After trying several types of plugs I settled on this style, found them the most comfortable (especially in heat) and they had a good NRR (25), plus they were easy to insert and remove...important when you go back and forth a lot. I have a good supply and would be happy to send you a couple of pair to try out if you want.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I like these Etymotic Research Standard ETY
https://www.etymotic.com/er20hd.html

You can look around. They are available from a lot of places.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Etymotic-ER20...3=&veh=sem
Try a gun shop--that's what I use.
Al (doc1)
I use some Howard Leight Shooters earmuffs for most of my time in the shop, but will also use the tapered foam earplugs if I am using the lunchbox planer. 30dB reduction is good, but I want more when it come to the screaming mimi.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Hearing protection