Several years ago I bought some router jigs from a guy out in California. I think it went by the name routerman or routerguy. The guy was a magician with a router and did gorgeous work. His stuff was displayed on his website...lots of nice wood, acrylic and aluminum jigs etc.

Any of you know this guy or his web address? He may be from Encinitas, CA.

(03-07-2018, 06:52 PM)JHyde23 Wrote: Several years ago I bought some router jigs from a guy out in California. I think it went by the name routerman or routerguy.  The guy was a magician with a router and did gorgeous work. His stuff was displayed on his website...lots of nice wood, acrylic and aluminum jigs etc.

Any of you know this guy or his web address?  He may be from Encinitas, CA.

Sadly, Pat Warner, aka Routerman, passed away a few months ago.  There's an earlier thread about it here, and a posting earlier today on SMC.    

John
(03-07-2018, 06:52 PM)JHyde23 Wrote: Several years ago I bought some router jigs from a guy out in California. I think it went by the name routerman or routerguy.  The guy was a magician with a router and did gorgeous work. His stuff was displayed on his website...lots of nice wood, acrylic and aluminum jigs etc.

Any of you know this guy or his web address?  He may be from Encinitas, CA.
Pat wrote a number of books on Router jigs and fixtures, Some may yet be in print and others can be bought on the used market.

Search Pat Warner as the author.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.

(03-07-2018, 07:16 PM)handi Wrote: Pat wrote a number of books on Router jigs and fixtures, Some may yet be in print and others can be bought on the used market.

Search Pat Warner as the author.

Pat Warner passed way in July 2017 (short note quoted below - LINK) - his website is not active - over the years I bought a number of PC & Bosch router bases from him (love the clear ones w/ offset bases) - I also own a DVD & one of his books (also shown below) - we probably had a half dozen email exchanges - always a gentleman - his exact engineering of his offerings always impressed me - Dave
Smile

Quote:The passing of Pat Warner, July 28, 2017, should not go without tribute. His contributions to the techniques of woodworking is among the finest of our time based on his unsurpassed knowledge of the use of one of our most versatile woodworking tools, the router. He was truly an expert’s expert.

Especially remarkable were his profound insights into the precision tolerances involved in tooling and work processes, as well as his ability to manage them in the shop. His hands-on inventiveness produced an impressive array of precision tools and jigs. His writings, full of intelligence and clarity, include four books, numerous articles, and the resources on his website.
Piedmont North Carolina
Question about Pat Warner's replacement clamps for P-C routers (and possibly others) - my P-C 310 & 690 routers have small clamps that are not easily tightened (see first pic below of the 310) - Pat had replaced his clamps w/ longer handled black ones (similar to the ones on his mortise jig - see second pic) - does anyone know where to obtain these clamps or even their names?  I was about to obtain several but slipped my mind years ago - thanks for any comments.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Essentra (formerly Reid's) has them.

"Adjustable handle" is what your looking for.

Ed
Clamping Lever?

https://www.mcmaster.com/#clamping-levers/=1bvkx1m

(03-08-2018, 12:35 AM)EdL Wrote: Essentra (formerly Reid's) has them.

"Adjustable handle" is what your looking for.

Ed

(03-08-2018, 02:56 AM)Lynden Wrote: Clamping Lever?

https://www.mcmaster.com/#clamping-levers/=1bvkx1m

Thanks for the recommendations!  Just re-watched Pat's DVD shown above and Reid's was mentioned - needed to do some more googling - the link to McMaster shows a plethora of these clamps - now need to pick the right ones.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina

(03-08-2018, 10:45 AM)giradman Wrote: Thanks for the recommendations!  Just re-watched Pat's DVD shown above and Reid's was mentioned - needed to do some more googling - the link to McMaster shows a plethora of these clamps - now need to pick the right ones.  Dave
Smile

Would you mind posting which one you end up buying, and how you like it? I'd like to make the same upgrade. Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site

(03-08-2018, 02:55 PM)Aram Wrote: Would you mind posting which one you end up buying, and how you like it? I'd like to make the same upgrade. Thanks.

Hi Aram - not having much luck w/ the McMaster link - my tightening bolt is 3/4" long (w/ a spacer), 1/4" in diameter, and has 24 tpi (measured w/ my tap/die gauge) - could not find anything than might work at that site (BUT - there are so many, I probably need to search again and/or do some other googling) - even a slightly different and larger knob?  Sorry, but all that I've found @ the moment.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Routerman