I ordered a T-square from Woodpeckers.

[Image: 31NG6chHuML._SX463_.jpg]

The 32" was on sale at $129.00.

I placed my order on March 12.  I got an email a few days later saying it was on back order and I would receive it on April 4th.  

In the meantime I have received several email solicitations from Woodpeckers showing the same T-square on sale with no mention that it would be on back order. 

When you go to the linked site it shows "will ship after 4/6/2018".

It seems to me that if you are conducting a "sale" you should have product to sell.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.

Why does that bother you?

They *have* a product to sell. They don't have the stock on hand, though.

There's nothing new or evil about this.
Semper fi,
Brad

(03-30-2018, 10:49 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Why does that bother you?

They *have* a product to sell.  They don't have the stock on hand, though.

There's nothing new or evil about this.

I think the presumption is that when a manufacturer has a sale, that they have the merchandise ready to ship.

(03-30-2018, 10:53 AM)Cooler Wrote: I think the presumption is that when a manufacturer has a sale, that they have the merchandise ready to ship.

Woodcraft had a huge promotion for Black Dog Paint I believe it was on for over a month.  Yet when I went to the store they had at most 4 cans of some and none of others.  I asked why the big push and no product the guy said they weren't sure it would sell and didn't order much.  Really not the thing you want to hear after you start a project
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Haven't bought from them recently, but have had good luck from them when I did. Great products, albeit generally not at bargain prices - still love my PRL after 15+ years! In the few times I called their CS with questions, my experience was positive.

Good luck,

Doug

(03-30-2018, 11:31 AM)Tapper Wrote: Haven't bought from them recently, but have had good luck from them when I did. Great products, albeit generally not at bargain prices - still love my PRL after 15+ years! In the few times I called their CS with questions, my experience was positive.

Good luck,

Doug
Well, I'm waiting.  It seems like the only product out there with the accuracy I want.  I have a sheetrock square and it is not quite square.
Maybe the sale is a tool to get economies of scale up for a large run.

(03-30-2018, 01:01 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: Maybe the sale is a tool to get economies of scale up for a large run.

That could be.  I recall going to a printer and asking how long it would take to get business cards printed.  He said, "If we are really busy, about 3 days but if we are slow it could take 2 to 3 weeks."

It turns out that they printed all the cards on one large sheet and they needed to book 28 orders before they would run the machine.  So when they were busy you'd get quick service.  

Maybe Woodpeckers is not busy.  But they do everything on a CNC so they can setup for short runs with no problem. It is probably that the CNC machine is booked solid.  They should stop the promotion until they are nearly caught up.
Woodpeckers is a borderline custom order shop. From my understanding, they come up with a product and then will take orders for X amount of time. At the end of that time, they will make what's been ordered, plus some. If demand stays steady, they will produce batches to keep up with orders.

I've gotten a couple items from them and have been very happy. I was never in a hurry, so the wait did not bother me.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Sniper is pretty much right I think. They take orders for a certain time window which gives them a production amount, they make them, then ship. They’ve pretty much always done that. They get away with it because they make good products, right here in Ohio.
Woodpeckers is annoying me