Although he is using primitive tools and primitive ways.  He has an eye for detail and it came out really well and a surprise at the end how it looks.

To me it is the way it was done a thousand years ago but not with a motor but the ways are the same.  It looked to me like he had only 5 basic tools of different shapes.

As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

(04-12-2018, 06:51 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Although he is using primitive tools and primitive ways.  He has an eye for detail and it came out really well and a surprise at the end how it looks.

To me it is the way it was done a thousand years ago but not with a motor but the ways are the same.  It looked to me like he had only 5 basic tools of different shapes.

It is kind of hard to watch. Scary at times, but he seems to know what he's doing. I'd like to see how he hollowed it., probably just drilled a hole like a bud vase.

(04-13-2018, 04:26 PM)hairy Wrote: It is kind of hard to watch. Scary at times, but he seems to know what he's doing. I'd like to see how he hollowed it., probably just drilled a hole like a bud vase.

You know I was wondering the same thing but the mouth looked to be at least 3" wide.  I wonder how he shaped the top.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(04-13-2018, 08:32 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: You know I was wondering the same thing but the mouth looked to be at least 3" wide.  I wonder how he shaped the top.

I watched a video following this one and the guy just used a wood carver on an angle grinder followed with a disk sander then a random orbit.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
But, gasp!, a GLOVE on his left hand!!

Just like me.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.

(01-04-2019, 06:52 AM)Grey Mountain Wrote: But, gasp!, a GLOVE on his left hand!!

Just like me.

GM

I use one on each hand while turning but when sanding I do not wear them.  I like to feel what I am sanding.

I hope you agree with me on this video