So glad to have finished building the work station for my office. Pics are the rough frames (stacked) during construction and then the final finished cabinets. Face frames and drawer fronts are poplar stained with General Finishes Espresso gel stain.

A much needed improvement to what I was using. Working on a hollow core door across two filing cabinets was getting real old.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.

Very nicely done!
Yes, very well done.  What's the top?

John

(07-28-2018, 08:04 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Yes, very well done.  What's the top?

John

Nothing too special. It's just a veneer of mahogany over plywood. I considered going all out and making it out of solid black walnut but that $$$ needed to be saved for the materials for a future dining room table.

(07-28-2018, 02:16 PM)Terry W Wrote: Nothing too special. It's just a veneer of mahogany over plywood. I considered going all out and making it out of solid black walnut but that $$$ needed to be saved for the materials for a future dining room table.

Thanks for the follow up.  It may not be "too special" but it's a nice color and contrast to the darker cabinets.  I like it a lot.  

John
Outstanding!  I like it a lot!

John
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
Thumbs Up 
Just excellent w/ plenty of room for storage - well done!  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Very nice, bet it feels great to have a real desk!
It's nice to have all that flat surface to work off of and plenty of drawers for storage. I've already almost filled them up.
Looks great!!

I've made several of those type desks for customers over the years.
Several just wanted the bases, and bought there own top. Either butcher block top, or pre-fabbed laminate
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

New office workstation finished