Time to stock up for the Fall and Winter projects!!

I have to make a trek to South VA and am considering making a lumber run of it. Either Sep 15, or Sep 22. Time of day will depend upon which stop.

I saw and dry quality lumber products, specializing in difficult to find or high-grade material.
Have done wood runs before, but had to get a new account since haven't been on in a few years, I lost login credentials and could not log on. 

Can bring. Kiln dried and most is selects and better, S2S to 15/16 or 7/8.

1. 4/4 Walnut $6 ($7 for 10" and wider)
  2. 5/4 Walnut $7.50 ($9 for 12 and wider and sets)
  3. 8/4 Walnut $12 ($14 for 12 and wider)
  4. 9/4 and 10/4 walnut slabs (priced each...some limited 12/4 also) **have some wide walnut crotch slabs CNC surfaced and sanded...ready for slab tables.
  5. 4/4 cherry $4.75 ($5 for 10" and wider)
  6. 8/4 cherry $7 ($8 for 10" and wider)
  7. 4/4 Curly soft maple (med figure) $5
  8. 4/4 Curly soft maple (AA figure) $8
  9. 4/4 Red (soft) maple $4
  10. 8/4 Red (soft) maple $6
  11. 8/4 Curly hard maple (med figure) $8
  12. 8/4 Curly hard maple (AA figure) $10
  13. 4/4 Hard maple $5
  14. 4/4 Poplar $3 ($3.5 for 12"+)
  15. 4/4 Quartersawn white oak $6 ($7.50 for 10"+)

Also, have specialty material like, quartersawn Beech for toolmakers, ambrosia maple, curly ambrosia, blistered/curly hard maple, giant walnut slabs (up to 5' wide).

Can make stops at:
  • Cantonsville, MD
  • College Park, MD
  • Woodbridge, VA
  • Fredericksburg, VA
  • Richmond, VA
  • Colonial Heights, VA
  • Quinton, VA
  • Williamsburg, VA
  • Newport News, VA
  • Norfolk, VA
  • VA Beach, VA
If you give me an idea of what you'd like and which stop you'd prefer, can coordinate with you. There's NO obligation. If you meet up and in the unlikely event that you don't like it, you don't have to get it. Will also have some extra material.

Please PM me if interested and what might be your wish list. Thx.

Will begin populating post with pix asap.

Reserved for pix.
Check your pm's
I sent you some info.... this line added to meet minimums.

Raised
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Since you are passing through the Richmond black walnut quarantine zone, you probably want to be able to document that your black walnut is kiln dried and that any live-edge is from outside of the zone.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I know a member here years ago did a lumber run once or twice a year for several years.  Are you that guy?

If so get with Barnowl and he will get it back for you.
Yes

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/member.ph...&uid=46306
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Wish you were getting down toward the South/North Carolina border during your lumber run. I don’t think anyone down here carries beech, let alone quartersawn beech.
No, I haven't done lumber run for 8 or 9 years...been up to other things.

On the beech, I have some REALLY nice 8/4 and 12/4 quarter sawn beech. Some are big enough to get an entire 1/2 set from a single board!
I understand how it's used and have a lot of experience drying it. Have even sold to Clark & Williams in the past. Could ship blanks too!

Thx

(08-28-2018, 05:39 AM)CurlyMapleMan Wrote: No, I haven't done lumber run for 8 or 9 years...been up to other things.

On the beech, I have some REALLY nice 8/4 and 12/4 quarter sawn beech. Some are big enough to get an entire 1/2 set from a single board!
I understand how it's used and have a lot of experience drying it. Have even sold to Clark & Williams in the past. Could ship blanks too!

Thx

I can't seem to find where to pm you. Can you contact me here please or at jltibbetts209@gmail.com.
I bought a lot of wood from CurlyMapleMan in the past. He was always honest and completely trustworthy.

Some of the most beautiful curly maple I’ve ever sourced came from him. He actually found me a 9” wide-16foot long-4” thick board that became matching posts for a pencil post bed.

I just can’t believe it has been a decade. Man I feel old right now.

Glad to hear all is well. If I had not moved out west, I’d be dropping you a line.

Wayne
LooseToe! Great to hear from you. Thanks for the high regards. Some of the maple I have right now, might just send you back east!
Wink
I have a KILLER same-tree set of 5/4 and 8/4 curly hard maple that is probably the best I've ever had! (will post pix).

Edgy, my PM's were accidentally turned off due to account being reset back to my proper name Give it a shot now. Thx!
WoodRun-MD, NoVA, Richmond,Chesapeake