Greetings all!

It has been at least a year or two that I've been offline, or at Facebook, or having surgery or renovating and moving. Rec.woodworking is now a Google Group. I promised myself that when the Oldtools people split from rec.woodworking usenet, that I would avoid that dark place. 

Therefore I am back here on Woodnet with plans to split my time between Woodnet and Facebook.

So hello again and it's good to be back.
Gary
Gary Roberts
The Toolemera Press
Wilmington, NC USA
Toolemera.Com Website

(08-26-2018, 10:06 PM)toolemera Wrote: Gary, It's great to see you back again!

John

Greetings all!

It has been at least a year or two that I've been offline, or at Facebook, or having surgery or renovating and moving. Rec.woodworking is now a Google Group. I promised myself that when the Oldtools people split from rec.woodworking usenet, that I would avoid that dark place. 

Therefore I am back here on Woodnet with plans to split my time between Woodnet and Facebook.

Gary
Welcome back!!

Yes
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Thumbs Up 
Welcome back.

Simon
(08-26-2018, 10:06 PM)toolemera Wrote: I promised myself that when the Oldtools people split from rec.woodworking usenet, that I would avoid that dark place.
Did they go to Google+?
Sad  

(08-26-2018, 10:06 PM)toolemera Wrote: Therefore I am back here on Woodnet with plans to split my time between Woodnet and Facebook.

Look forward to some of your posts, I'm not fond of Google+, FaceBook, Twitter, et al...I do use InstaGram, but think my days could be numbered there. So far they don't have any ads, I just don't like the fact that ZuckerBooger is rolling over like a $2 'ho and selling my personal information...to China none the less...I don't like that at all...
No

Would you feel more comfortable if we let you polish the spittoon? Here's some virtual brasso! Whooooooooooooooooooosssssshhhhh!

Alan
(08-26-2018, 10:06 PM)toolemera Wrote: Greetings all!

Gary

Hello Gary;

Glad to have you back!  Some of us don't post as much as we used to...
Skip

Welcome back Gary.  I love the books and still read them. 
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Welcome back!

I am liking some fb cnc groups. Great places to get files too.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Isn't it just so hard to believe that when one has been gone for whatever reason, and that person returns; well, corny as it sounds, we are met with good memories and truly open arms? This is a group of unique people and those new folks who choose to settle here and who are of a helpful and kindly bent, create on a continuous basis a place that is "home." At least, that is how I feel about my return and the greetings I have received. Best darn reason for even having an internet- that opportunity to be a real friend to people around this whole orb cannot really be accurately put into words.

I am a great "wordbender," but even with that experience, I am incapable of correctly describing the comfort I feel here- greater than my thousands of posts at " My Les Paul." Even though I was not some famous builder, the knowledge and experience I feasted upon here, made it possible for some fairly raw woodworkers to build some really fine guitars. Whatever status I have there, I owe to this website and the sharing people who populate it.
Glad to see you back, Gary! I'm still here, though I've been in and out quite a lot over the last few years.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
It's been awhile, I've returned to the fold