Our utility sink has been out for many years.  It sits above a sump, which I spent some time fixing up. The washing machine used to dump into the sump, which was great for dehumidifier usage.  Ran a drain line for the washer, but never got around to putting the sink back in. So I decided I wanted to wall mount the sink to facilitate occasional access to the sump.

I tried to order a Mustee wall-mounted utility sink from amazon a couple of times.  They refused to package it properly, and both sinks showed up with holes in them.  No good.  I know someone that ordered one  from HD, and had the same experience.  That got me thinking I really don't want a 15" deep plastic sink in the basement.  I just need a sink.  A mop sink would be ideal, enough height to get a 5 gallon bucket under the faucet, but not so deep.

Went looking for utility sinks, $500 is cheap for anything that isn't the standard plastic utility sink. I'm not sure I can get a tall faucet on a bathroom sink without more fabrication than I really want to get into.

Anyone else had this problem that found a solution?  $200-300 would be more like it.

(10-25-2018, 04:46 AM)EricU Wrote: Our utility sink has been out for many years.  It sits above a sump, which I spent some time fixing up. The washing machine used to dump into the sump, which was great for dehumidifier usage.  Ran a drain line for the washer, but never got around to putting the sink back in. So I decided I wanted to wall mount the sink to facilitate occasional access to the sump.

I tried to order a Mustee wall-mounted utility sink from amazon a couple of times.  They refused to package it properly, and both sinks showed up with holes in them.  No good.  I know someone that ordered one  from HD, and had the same experience.  That got me thinking I really don't want a 15" deep plastic sink in the basement.  I just need a sink.  A mop sink would be ideal, enough height to get a 5 gallon bucket under the faucet, but not so deep.

Went looking for utility sinks, $500 is cheap for anything that isn't the standard plastic utility sink. I'm not sure I can get a tall faucet on a bathroom sink without more fabrication than I really want to get into.

Anyone else had this problem that found a solution?  $200-300 would be more like it.

If you have room, craigslist usually has several soapstone or cast concrete old school sinks (pair). they are big and they are heavy, but could last several lifetimes...Most are anywhere from free to $100...

What is wrong with the standard plastic utility sink ?  Mine is 40 years old, just does not clean up well after using it  for washing everything dirty and oily along with paint clean up.   Roly

(10-25-2018, 07:13 AM)Roly Wrote: What is wrong with the standard plastic utility sink ?  Mine is 40 years old, just does not clean up well after using it  for washing everything dirty and oily along with paint clean up.   Roly

I would like a sink that isn't so deep so I can have better access to the sump underneath it.  The sink empties into a second sump pump, so I don't really want to put dirty and oily stuff in it except for small quantities

(10-25-2018, 04:33 PM)EricU Wrote: I would like a sink that isn't so deep so I can have better access to the sump underneath it.  The sink empties into a second sump pump, so I don't really want to put dirty and oily stuff in it except for small quantities

https://altoona.craigslist.org/mat/d/jan...75876.html

[Image: 00s0s_euMyihu4qs2_600x450.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Mine is concrete. It's been there since 1946.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Try doing a search for "service sink". Here's one I would choose over a plastic "utility" or " laundry" sink. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Trinity-21-5-...gIkA_D_BwE I know there are "mop" sinks that are less expensive and are still wall mount.

Something to remember is vent the sink drain and the sump. Frequently the pump will suck water out of the sink trap releasing unpleasant odors.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"

(10-25-2018, 10:38 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: Try doing a search for "service sink". Here's one I would choose over a plastic "utility" or " laundry" sink. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Trinity-21-5-...gIkA_D_BwE I know there are "mop" sinks that are less expensive and are still wall mount.

Something to remember is vent the sink drain and the sump. Frequently the pump will suck water out of the sink trap releasing unpleasant odors.
That looks nice but I can't have legs that go to the floor.

Pretty sure I have the sink and sump vented properly, I'll have to check before I set it up.
I put a cast iron porcelain sink with side drain board in my shop. From an old building salvage co.  The porcelain is not in very good shape but its in my shop so who cares.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Costco has a stainless steel utility sink for $249.99 complete with faucet.

https://www.costco.com/TRINITY-Stainless...72614.html
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
utility sink options that don't cost so much