I have a Porter Cable Model 543 Jig saw that I purchased about 18 yrs ago and I broke the Motor housing(part #887794) where the base attaches,  last week.  PC no longer carries that model or has replacement parts for it.  I've searched Vintage tool parts online without success.  Any ideas where I might find a replacement part?

Thanks,
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

(12-05-2018, 01:48 PM)glzahn Wrote: I have a Porter Cable Model 543 Jig saw that I purchased about 18 yrs ago and I broke the Motor housing(part #887794) where the base attaches,  last week.  PC no longer carries that model or has replacement parts for it.  I've searched Vintage tool parts online without success.  Any ideas where I might find a replacement part?

Thanks,

I see a few on ebay probably cheaper than the part would be
(12-05-2018, 01:48 PM)glzahn Wrote: I have a Porter Cable Model 543 Jig saw that I purchased about 18 yrs ago and I broke the Motor housing(part #887794) where the base attaches,  last week.  PC no longer carries that model or has replacement parts for it.  I've searched Vintage tool parts online without success.  Any ideas where I might find a replacement part?

Thanks,

see one on ebay for $68 or a best offer.
ereplacementparts.com

#887794 discontinued.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I had that saw and hated it.  Ended up dumping it (at a garage sale, I think) and buying a Bosch 1591...have been a happy jigsawer ever since.  Moral:  move on.
Bob
Yes on the bosch. I have the top handle saw
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(12-06-2018, 01:29 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes on the bosch. I have the top handle saw

Mine is top handle too...maybe I got the number wrong...1590?
Bob

(12-06-2018, 01:45 AM)BobW Wrote: Mine is top handle too...maybe I got the number wrong...1590?

Oooh........I'm not sure. It's one-or-the-other.
Laugh 
I'm not in the shop to grab mine.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Have several jigsaws, including a couple of Bosch battery versions. Go with a Bosch, for the money they are the best of the bunch.
Thanks for the responses.  I will take all into consideration.  I really liked this saw, served me well for 18 yrs.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

PC Model 543 Bayonet Saw(Jig saw)