doesn’t anyone make a tall kitchen faucet anymore that does not have a plastic hose nozzle?
I guess I’ll have to go to a high end store somewhere because even the highest priced models at three different big box stores all have plastic parts to them. The body is metal, but the hose nozzles and soap pumps are all plastic.
For $200+ I think I should expect better quality and durability.
Ray

Oh yeah, you can get them.

Be prepared for sticker shock.
Yup.  Made in good ole' USA for $$$$$

They seem to start around $1,500.00 and go to a little over $8,000.00.

A good alternative to buy a faucet designed for commercial kitchens.  They are quite affordable, but generally are only available in bright chrome finish.

https://www.eliterestaurantequipment.com...ets?page=2

https://www.google.com/search?q=watersto...=631&dpr=1

https://waterstoneco.com/
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Already paid 700 for the sink
What’s another 700?
... besides the fact that then the sink and faucet will total to half of the entire freakin granite counter top
All because we’re deciding to drill two fewer holes (sigh)
Ray

(12-19-2018, 03:16 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: Already paid 700 for the sink
What’s another 700?
... besides the fact that then the sink and faucet will total to half of the entire freakin granite counter top
All because we’re deciding to drill two fewer holes (sigh)

I sounds like you aren't on-board with this decision.

Laugh
Nice looking sinks but why the heck should I have to get a (relatively) luxurious faucet for 6 or more times the money just to get all metal parts? Insane!
Ray
I bought the faucets for my house through a plumbing supplier.  They are noticably higher quality than the similar models from the same company sold at the box stores.  I questioned the same thing about the pull out sprayer for the kitchen sink and the spray handle for the master bath tub being plastic.  The rest of the fixture (e.g. faucet handles, nozzle, mounting base, etc.) are all metal and brushed nickel as opposed to the box store shiny plastic.  I was told that most all manufacturers do the same  as if you drop a heavy metallic  sprayer, you either dent the sink or chip the porcelin, or chip/crack the acrylic on the tub.  I would rather replace a small part (sprayer) if I drop and damage it as opposed to replacing or repairing an entire sink/tub.
$200 for a faucet? Shopping at Goodwill or what?
That makes sense and I was thinking something along those lines as well, but (as a bean counter myself) I’m sure from the manufacturer side it’s just a way of making a selling point out of their cost reductions. It’s Not a designed benefit.
I’m not likely to drop the soap pump and a spray nozzle that’s integral to the faucet (and not an auxiliary hose that’s off to the side) is also not likely to get dropped. If Something so lightweight, even in metal, dents my 700 sink I’m going to have words with a manufacturer about the sink not the faucet.

A few years ago I bought a nice Pfister auxiliary faucet for our drinking water. I like it a lot (for a faucet), but the flaw in the design was a chromed plastic flange for the base. With hardly any pressure during install it cracked. I was absolutely miffed about such a design flaw to save a few cents and made sure Pfister knew about it. I told them I’d even be willing to pay a couple bucks more if they had a metal mounting flange. I returned it to the box store. Pfister made right. They sent me a metal flange and started including that with the product and offered to exchange the plastic ones others bought for metal upon request.
Ray
“Shopping at Goodwill or what?”
Ha!
Ray
Plastic Faucets