If anyone is in the Thousand Oaks, CA area (Ventura County) and would like some free Ash or Olive, a local tree trimmer dropped off a load that I’m just not getting through very quickly and am happy to donate some. The ash was not cut the way I would have preferred, in that the lengths are shorter than the diameter of the log in most cases, but still some nice wood to turn.

Feel free to PM if you’d like to stop by and pick some up.

I love turning ash but never turn olive wood before.  Would you be willing to mail some?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very generous offer.

(01-01-2019, 03:48 PM)badwhiskey Wrote: Very generous offer.

Very much so.  Olive is wonderful stuff if you can get your hands on it.
Hi Arlin -

Sorry to say it’s all still in log form - the year has started crazy at work and I’ve not had any time with the chainsaw. If I can get some cut I’ll see what I can create that can be shipped.

John

(01-03-2019, 08:26 PM)jcredding Wrote: Hi Arlin -

Sorry to say it’s all still in log form - the year has started crazy at work and I’ve not had any time with the chainsaw.  If I can get some cut I’ll see what I can create that can be shipped.

John

All I can say is I envy all of you guys still at work. 
Yes
Yes

Makes me feel less of a man not to and my sweetheart always telling me it is OK.  Did I ever mention I have a fantastic wife!
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(01-03-2019, 09:47 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: All I can say is I envy all of you guys still at work. 
Yes
Yes

Makes me feel less of a man not to and my sweetheart always telling me it is OK.  Did I ever mention I have a fantastic wife!
Arlin....your "man dues" are paid in full, Bud...and don't ever forget it !!!!!
Wink
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-09-2019, 09:07 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: .......................
Arlin....your "man dues" are paid in full, Bud...and don't ever forget it !!!!!
Wink

Couldn't have said it better!
I know what you both are saying, but I loved to work and enjoyed it and also enjoyed learning everything about any new job or all the job had to teach me.

Plus it brings in more money that we can use.
Crazy   Or I guess I would just spend it on the vets.
Yes

Arlin just keep doing what you're doing.  I know you're an inspiration to me.
Rodney
Free Ash and Olive in Thousand Oaks, CA