I have a wanted add posted downstairs in the "For Sale" section. Looking for checkering tools and inletting scrapers

Thanks

Check Brownell's website. I have a set that belonged to my father, 50's vintage if not a bit earlier, but I'm not planning on parting with them
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com

(01-09-2019, 06:29 PM)Tony Z Wrote: Check Brownell's website.  I have a set that belonged to my father, 50's vintage if not a bit earlier, but I'm not planning on parting with them

Looked at them already, but wanted to check here before pulling the trigger there.
I have 2 Gunline sets I may part with. One is a Leader in 20 LPI, and the other is Camp Perry in 18 LPI. I think I also have a Dem-Bart bare handle and a couple of checkering gauges.
I believe I picked up one of them used, but the other has only been used for a small practice piece.

PM me if interested.

(01-10-2019, 09:00 AM)Lucky Irish Wrote: I have 2 Gunline sets I may part with. One is a Leader in 20 LPI, and the other is Camp Perry in 18 LPI. I think I also have a Dem-Bart bare handle and a couple of checkering gauges.
I believe I picked up one of them used, but the other has only been used for a small practice piece.

PM me if interested.

PM Sent
I used to do considerable custom gunstock work. I preferred Dem-Bart. I used the small scrapers from Brownell's. I have sets of them but they are buried in a storage garage packed to the gills and I doubt I could find them easily or safely. I have also used Gunline. A mixture of brands is usually required to cover all of the potential tough spots one confronts. I have about 14 Pfeil small chisels that work miracles on inlets. They are doglegs with R and L skews and straight. There is nothing to compare. They are miniature scrapers for cigarette paper fit.

One of our members used to offer very small scrapers, maybe 3/4 inch by 1 1/2 inch. On doubles they were miracle workers. You might want to check out Stewart Mc Donald (guitar stuff) for Alan Carruth style scrapers. If the shape is appropriate, they are magic.
Gunstock Checkering Tools