Photo 
There was some chatter about this new lathe from Laguna a while back. I got to see one at the Woodcraft store in Birmingham this weekend, and thought I'd share photos.

It seems very well put together and runs VERY quietly. The electronic speed control works well, but turning the knob about 3/4 of a revolution takes it from zero to full speed, so it can be fussy to adjust. But honestly, 20 rpm in either direction really does not matter.

[attachment=15917]
[attachment=15918]
[attachment=15919]
[attachment=15920]
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.

Nice, thanks for the beauty shots Ralph
Smile

Your thread title says 12/16, but the lathe is the 18/36 right? May warrant a quick edit.

It does look good, I'm considering getting one if my older boy continues to show interest in turning (and eyes my lathe, lol)

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem

(01-21-2019, 12:31 PM)MichaelS Wrote: Nice, thanks for the beauty shots Ralph
Smile

Your thread title says 12/16, but the lathe is the 18/36 right? May warrant a quick edit.

It does look good, I'm considering getting one if my older boy continues to show interest in turning (and eyes my lathe, lol)

Michael

Michael

The front one is the 12/16 and also showing the one behind to.  It seems the price is really good at $719 which is cheaper then the Jet, Rikon, and Oneway and looks better built then the Jet and Rikon and better features then the Oneway.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Ah! I missed that, /slaps forehead.

$719 is a great price for the 12/16 and I'd build a bench for it myself vs. using those legs (which are extra $ anyway I think?) I still have a bad taste in my mouth re: Laguna's sales tactics and customer service, but their product really seems to be advancing well and the prices are compelling!

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Laguna Revo 12/16