Where can I find a piece of cherry 4" thick and 24" long?? Places around here have minimum lengths and $100 minimum purchase. Replacing lamp table  leg.
thanks.

(01-24-2019, 11:24 PM)rlsthelion Wrote: Where can I find a piece of cherry 4" thick and 24" long?? Places around here have minimum lengths and $100 minimum purchase. Replacing lamp table  leg.
thanks.

where are you?
Good luck I have been looking for 12/4 or 16/4 that is reasonable for along time for vases and other things.  Or even bowl material like 10x10x3 or up to 12x12x4 are quite costly and no cherry around here just the awful black walnut.
Laugh

I have told people I would trade and no offers.
Crazy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

(01-25-2019, 02:09 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Good luck I have been looking for 12/4 or 16/4 that is reasonable for along time for vases and other things.  Or even bowl material like 10x10x3 or up to 12x12x4 are quite costly and no cherry around here just the awful black walnut.
Laugh

I have told people I would trade and no offers.
Crazy

Arlin, I got cherry but shipping just kills deals
Are you prevented from doing a glueup to get the thickness you need?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-24-2019, 11:24 PM)rlsthelion Wrote: Where can I find a piece of cherry 4" thick and 24" long?? Places around here have minimum lengths and $100 minimum purchase. Replacing lamp table  leg.
thanks.

I probably have pieces of that size, but they are from fruit cherry trees. I'll be back home at the end of February if you are still looking then.

If you go to tablelegs.com you can get laminated cherry squares
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Pm sent to you......
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
thanks.

repeat of the "where are you?" question.

If you are in the DC suburbs, I highly recommend Dunlap Woodcraft in Chantilly, VA. You might have to accept figured cherry, though, to get 4"x4" spindles. Is that a problem?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.

(01-25-2019, 11:21 PM)iclark Wrote: repeat of the "where are you?" question.

If you are in the DC suburbs, I highly recommend Dunlap Woodcraft in Chantilly, VA. You might have to accept figured cherry, though, to get 4"x4" spindles. Is that a problem?

I'm in Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas
(01-25-2019, 11:21 PM)iclark Wrote: repeat of the "where are you?" question.

Not a problem at all, Thanks.
Cherry leg repair