The dreaded time between projects....Well, at least I can clean and put away things..
Winkgrin 
[attachment=16069]
When was the last time this bench was this clean...
Rolleyes
[attachment=16070]
All the hammers put away..
[attachment=16071]
All the planes back in the til...
[attachment=16072]
All the squares, braces, and even all 3 spokeshaves put away?
[attachment=16073]
Floors are clean
Cool
[attachment=16074]
Even have access to the panel saws...including the D-8, 10ppi one..
[attachment=16075]
A VERY full trash can was hauled out to the firepit.   Fire even felt good....smoke did not.  Sorted through the leftover Ash cut-offs, and those I couldn't use, went into the now empty trash can...which is about 1/4 full, again...had to move the tablesaw a bit..
[attachment=16076]
And clean the floor around this part of the shop...have a nice supply of small parts..
Cool 
[attachment=16077]
Hmm, resaw down a bit, make some boxes?   We'll see....no rush, right now..

Stay tuned
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Steven, it looks like you have plenty of potential wall space. Why not build cabinets for all your tools? That would then free up much work space, and the shop would have less clutter. Even tidied up, it looks like every bench top currently act as storage.

I will also have a week or two between projects (which is longer than for you, but I only get into the shop on weekends), and I am concurrently re-building a bookcase for the house as well as another cabinet for the shop, along with tuning machines and making accessories. Then it is time for the next big project. Now is shop time.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com

(01-26-2019, 07:38 PM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Steven, it looks like you have plenty of potential wall space. Why not build cabinets for all your tools? That would then free up much work space, and the shop would have less clutter. Even tidied up, it looks like every bench top currently act as storage.

I will also have a week or two between projects (which is longer than for you, but I only get into the shop on weekends), and I am concurrently re-building a bookcase for the house as well as another cabinet for the shop, along with tuning machines and making accessories. Then it is time for the next big project. Now is shop time.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I was going to ask him to do that on his computer desk since I NEED to make some for me and will need LOTS of pictures
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
The basement walls are called "Field Stone" and had been "parged"   Not a flat spot to be seen...hard to tell where one rock starts, or what sort of gap is between them..

Don't like hanging wood items onto a wall such as this...parge can( and does) flakes off....and what wood I have attached to the walls..turns green with mold/mildew.  We also just rent the house....

Have that stash of leftovers....might even be enough for a small spice cupboard....
What are the dimensions of that workbench ?
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Going back to Derek’s suggestion: a couple 2 X 4’s run floor to ceiling even an inch from the wall would give you support for wall cabinets, thus more space and ease of access.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Actually, there was a major clean-up, and renovation of the shop, a while back.  Even built a 5 drawer chest of drawers to house a LOT of tools.   There is simply not all that much room available down there....between the furnace, hot water heater, washing machine, dryer...and the storage area for all the family stuff....and the little space left for the shop. 

IF we give a heavy rain...the Dungeon Creek will be running across the floor, on it's way to the single floor drain.  
No

And yet, I still am able to build almost any project in the space I do have..
Cool ..I just have to remember to put the toys away when I am done with them.....
Winkgrin

Just trying to get the most out of the least...
Rolleyes .whether it be elbow room, tools, lumber.....or the budget....
Cool
There WAS going to be a cabinet behind the saw til....until the desk project got in the way....still need to buy a sheet or two of plywood to build that cabinet....area used to be where a lathe sat, until it fell apart.   Now it is just a catch all.    Area below that is also available, IF I need it....

Wall space?   Zero, right now.    More of putting things away when I am done with them.

Signed a bunch of papers today....to settle Mom's estate....must have been an 1" thick stack of forms.   Will meet again in a few weeks, to sign off on the final papers.   Somehow, right now, I feel a bit ...drained.
Sad   Motivation isn't quite there, as to shop time....
[attachment=16112]
Miter saw bench for the Langdon No. 75...could use a good clean out...maybe either some drawers, or just shelves....
Rolleyes  
[attachment=16113]
Shop Dresser...everyone needs one of these, right?     beats stash all my stuff on top of an old clothes dryer..
Winkgrin 
Have since added a Kennedy style metal tool chest to the top...for small tools.    Kind of constrained...as there is the gas meter sitting above it...
Raised

Hmmmm, build a cabinet on the old lathe bench...or....buy a new lathe?   
Uhoh Depends on what the Budget Department says...
Winkgrin
Ok, new computer...went from win7 to win10.....might take a bit to get back to writing a blog...

During a clean up, opened up a piece of  tabletop beside the computer desk.....may cobble that batch of Ash scraps into something to fill that space.   may involve drawers of some sort.  
Rolleyes 

Haven't even been TO the shop in a couple days...been too bloody cold.  
No   Have to learn all over again how to download photos to the computer....old photos are now in an external hard drive...
Confused 

Grandson #1 want a "Poker/ Game table......will supply pictures and lumber....and chairs.   Right now, he is getting his car repaired....
Stanley 45....has been torn down, bolts removed to clean all the threads.    All threaded moving parts have been oiled.    I usually hone a cutter before each gets used.   had to dig two cutters up out of the box/case....they had fallen over..and other cutters were just standing on them ( how RUDE!)   got them up and standing again.   Once all the parts were cleaned and oiled, they were packed away into the case.    Including the two screwdrivers I use with the plane.   Closed the lid....plane can sit until needed again.
Cool

Way too chilly IN the shop, right now..
No ...maybe next week, I can start a small project?
That time again..