is there an advantage of  a right tilt saw compared to a left tilt .... found a used Unisaw right tilt

Imagine cutting a miter between the rip fence and the blade.  Now think about which side of the blade you would prefer to stand: there's your answer.  Personally I like a left tilt and that's what my saw has.
Right tilt is just fine. When you change blades you don’t need to adjust your scale on the fence. I also almost never to miters and when I do I can move the fence to the left of the blade.

Either is fine.

Edit, and by the way this point has been hashed out for decades. Do some searching.
(02-26-2019, 08:07 PM)Buckhunter Wrote: is there an advantage of  a right tilt saw compared to a left tilt .... found a used Unisaw right tilt

I have a RT Unisaw, born the same year as me, 1954.  I'm quite sure it will be cutting wood far longer than I will.  The old ones were and still are really good.  If you can get the saw for a good price, don't be put off because it's RT.  You can cut bevels just fine on a RT saw.  Clamp an auxilliary fence to your fence, like this, and set the blade into the fence at exactly the height of your stock.  

[Image: _GkURqP1-V4RpSip5FXHHXQb093Bd2bTL_1KCtQd...40-h480-no]

John
I've used both. I bought a left tilt since I'm right handed and it seems more ergonomic to me.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
I prefer left tilt, but have used many right tilt. It's six one way, half a dozen another.

Being able to tilt the miter away from the fence is a minor advantage. Left tilt

Not needing to recalibrate the fence after blade changes is a minor advantage. Right tilt.

As said above: I wouldn't turn it down if the price is good.
Semper fi,
Brad

I switched from a right tilt Unisaw to a left, and really miss the RT. But truthfully, the choice is mostly a matter of personal preference.. there are those who swear the RT isn't as safe with the blade leaning into the fence, but like John pointed out above there's a super easy workaround. Interestingly (to me), on the old Tommy Mac show he was cutting bevels on his LT saw and moved the fence to the left of the blade, and then put on one of the stand off fences on it (he is left handed).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-26-2019, 08:07 PM)Buckhunter Wrote: is there an advantage of  a right tilt saw compared to a left tilt .... found a used Unisaw right tilt

Used a right tilt contractor saw for years and years, then bought a left Uni fifteen years ago.  Biggest difference I can tell is that the L tilt has a RH thread on the arbor.  Took me six months or so to lose the muscle memory of the LH thread. 

"Sacrificial fence" works along with wooden push block to keep things controlled.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
They both have their advantages , having two saws takes it to another level. I got one of each and life is good 
Laugh
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop

I'm a left tilt guy.

Here are a factors that went into my decision way back when:

1. The fence needs to be to the left, which can be awkward for some people.
2. Fence distance is limited to the left of the blade.
3. With fence to the right, the offcut is trapped between the fence and blade.
4. If you want to bevel just the edge of a board, you will need to use a sacrificial fence, bury the blade slightly into the fence, and deal with the safety issue.

That said, I own both a left and right tilt.  If I were buying one saw, no doubt about it: Left tilt.
left tilt === right tilt