Up for your consideration is a set of Koyamaichi dovetail chisels, sizes 3,6,9,12,18,24mm. I bought them new as a set from Lee Valley and they haven't been getting much use recently as I find myself reaching for other general purpose chisels for most everything. That looks to be a bit of finish on the 18mm that I didn't notice while taking the photos. Can confirm later. I peeled the labels off the 6mm and 9mm. Since those were the ones I did the most paring with the edges started pulling up and became annoying. Pics below:

[attachment=17148]
[attachment=17149]
[attachment=17150]

Update:
When investigating the mystery blob on the 18mm chisel (it's finish) I noticed the following -
[attachment=17308]
It obviously didn't get sent to me like this. The only think I can think of is I was using the 18 to chop a bunch of waste for a mess of dovetails I did for a chest on chest a while back. I would chop a set and touch it up on the worksharp strop wheel. I went back to my setup and sure enough the easiest way to hold the back against the wheel places the neck in contact with the wheel also.

Careless on my part. No affect on function but it's obviously a significant apology. Asking price has been lowered accordingly to SOLD shipped.

Thank you for your consideration.
John S.

Please activate your IM so we can discuss these chisels.

Thanks!

(03-07-2019, 06:27 PM)David Katz Wrote: Please activate your IM so we can discuss these chisels.

Thanks!

Sorry, though I had PMs turned on. Give it a shot now.

(03-08-2019, 11:08 AM)John S in VA Wrote: Sorry, though I had PMs turned on. Give it a shot now.

I still cannot PM you. Please send me a PM and we'll go from there.
John,

Good luck with the chisels (not in the market as I've "collected" a few sets over time). Really like the quotation below your name!

Doug
John, please check your PMs again. Thanks.
Bump for update. Guys if I haven't gotten back to any PMs I've been on travel for work and finally had a chance get back here.
Koyamaichi Dovetail Chisels -SOLD