I have noticed some dust leaks develop on the output side of my G0441 dust collector. I have had this for maybe 10 years and its been through a move.

Is he hose just drying out and not sealing or can anybody recommend something to go under the hose to make a better seal?

I am in the process of upgrading my dust collection system; reconfiguring my HF into a cyclone style unit.

My intended method of dealing with leakage at seams is use aluminum duct tape where possible, or some silicone caulk on situations like you have pictured

I've tried foam weather strip at some loose connections.  Didn't work near as well as I thought it would because even a thin amount of stripping can make enough change in circumference that you can't get the hose onto the port your trying to connect.  Hope that makes sense.

I'll be watching to see if anybody else comes along because I also have this issue with aluminum cast blast gates.

(03-15-2019, 04:54 AM)WxMan Wrote: I am in the process of upgrading my dust collection system; reconfiguring my HF into a cyclone style unit.

My intended method of dealing with leakage at seams is use aluminum duct tape where possible, or some silicone caulk on situations like you have pictured

I've tried foam weather strip at some loose connections.  Didn't work near as well as I thought it would because even a thin amount of stripping can make enough change in circumference that you can't get the hose onto the port your trying to connect.  Hope that makes sense.

I'll be watching to see if anybody else comes along because I also have this issue with aluminum cast blast gates.

This is on the output side with the filter.  not sure if duct tape will stand the pressure pushing out but it may be worth experimenting.
I think just a wrap (or 2) of a thick duct tape will seal it and still allow your hose to fit. Checking that air flowing out through the leaks can be a little tough, but a downy feather held near the leakage points should tell you if you got them sealed.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I've used this stuff with excellent results, it's like vinyl tape without the sticky stuff. It is important to keep it clean when wraping as it sticks only to itself. For a joint as big as yours it might be good to have someone to help, three or more hands are better than two in this application. I used this on a DC several years ago, when I had to tear down the system this stuff came off easily and cleanly. I have it on 6" joints on my system now, still a happy camper.

[attachment=17315]

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone

(03-15-2019, 07:14 AM)shoottmx Wrote: I've used this stuff with excellent results, it's like vinyl tape without the sticky stuff. It is important to keep it clean when wraping as it sticks only to itself. For a joint as big as yours it might be good to have someone to help, three or more hands are better than two in this application. I used this on a DC several years ago, when I had to tear down the system this stuff came off easily and cleanly. I have it on 6" joints on my system now, still a happy camper.

g

I might have tobtry somenof this.
(03-15-2019, 07:43 AM)mongo Wrote: This is on the output side with the filter.  not sure if duct tape will stand the pressure pushing out but it may be worth experimenting.

It will, I've done it with no problems. Remember that clamp will be pressing it in with considerable force.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

(03-15-2019, 07:49 AM)fredhargis Wrote: It will, I've done it with no problems. Remember that clamp will be pressing it in with considerable force.

ahh under the hose.  got your meaning now!

(03-15-2019, 09:31 AM)mongo Wrote: ahh under the hose.  got your meaning now!

Search around in the electrical isle of your favorite hardware store for "mastic tape"

Example
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(03-15-2019, 09:31 AM)mongo Wrote: ahh under the hose.  got your meaning now!

I've used a few wraps of electrical tape successfully for some joints to get a better press fit seal too.
dc leakage