So did anyone else get the "Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case" letter for the F+W media bankruptcy?
I am trying to figure out if its just routinely sent to all magazine subscribers or if its due to PWW owing me $50 for a "Tips and Tricks" article that I submitted and they accepted.

I think you have the honor of being in the long line of creditors.

I wonder about Lee Valley's investment? However, noticed a paucity of their ads in recent issues......
I don't have one yet.
(03-18-2019, 01:12 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: So did anyone else get the "Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case" letter for the F+W media bankruptcy?
I am trying to figure out if its just routinely sent to all magazine subscribers or if its due to PWW owing me $50 for a "Tips and Tricks" article that I submitted and they accepted.

Sounds like you're on the official list of creditors, more info is in the other Pop Wood thread.
Bob Lang
ReadWatchDo.com

PW will join AW unless someone picks it up ... that would be a risky investment in this era.

PW has stopped publishing Trade of Tricks under the current editorial team.

Simon

(03-18-2019, 02:02 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: PW has stopped publishing Trade of Tricks under the current editorial team.

Simon
And Tricks of the Trade, too.  Trade of Tricks sounds like something shady women would do to avoid income taxes.

(03-18-2019, 02:56 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: And Tricks of the Trade, too.  Trade of Tricks sounds like something shady women would do to avoid income taxes.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Big Grin
May be time to hire a high powered attorney specializing in woodworking cases. I guess I will have to split the spoils of this case, so its worth $25 to any legal beagle that is up to the challenge. Stay tuned.

(03-18-2019, 03:30 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: May be time to hire a high powered attorney specializing in woodworking cases.  I guess I will have to split the spoils of this case, so its worth $25 to any legal beagle that is up to the challenge.  Stay tuned.

Save the $25...find a pro bono attorney
Winkgrin 

The first pages I browsed in a PW issues were the Tricks of the Trade. They were the only thing that, to me, could compare to FW (which in recent years has produced some lousy shop tips).

Simon
Very easy, here's the Proof of Claim form:

https://www.uscourts.gov/sites/default/f...410_16.pdf

You can get the case number and name information from the link in the original thread here on that topic.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Popular Woodworking: Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: I'm a Creditor