I bought a Performax 16/32 used probably 16 years ago from Harlan Neff, who worked at the San Antonio Woodcraft.  I think I gave him either $600 or $650 for it.  Also bought my JET 18" bandsaw from him a bit before that.  He passed not too long afterward.  I think he knew he was sick and was liquidating to save his wife the bother.  
Sad 

Harlan was very opinionated, and rather an asshat when he needed to be.  You either really liked him, or couldn't stand him.  I'm also very opinionated and rather an asshat, so we got along great.
Laugh    He went way too young.

Anyhoo, that $650 was without question the best money I've ever spent on a piece of equipment.  I've absolutely used the hell outta that thing.  
Yes 

What about you?

(04-10-2019, 10:22 AM)KC Wrote: I bought a Performax 16/32 used probably 16 years ago from Harlan Neff, who worked at the San Antonio Woodcraft.  I think I gave him either $600 or $650 for it.  Also bought my JET 18" bandsaw from him a bit before that.  He passed not too long afterward.  I think he knew he was sick and was liquidating to save his wife the bother.  
Sad 

Harlan was very opinionated, and rather an asshat when he needed to be.  You either really liked him, or couldn't stand him.  I'm also very opinionated and rather an asshat, so we got along great.

Anyhoo, that $650 was without question the best money I've ever spent on a piece of equipment.  I've absolutely used the hell outta that thing.  
Yes 

What about you?
Absolutely agree.  Use my 16/32 on nearly every project.
Larry KQ6PJ

Stationary: Sawstop
Handheld: Domino

The first one saves my life; the second changes my life (I am talking about woodworking life, of course).

Simon
Outfitted my entire stationary power tool collection when a guy I know had to sell off all his tools after only building one kitchen with them.  He and his wife decided to move from MN to Calf. and it was a wash to either sell me his entire shop for $2000 or spend three times that much on shipping and storage once he got there.  Picked up a Jet contractors saw with 50" fence, 13" planner, 6" joiner, 14" bandsaw, 2hp spindle shaper, 60gal Campbell Hausfeld air compressor, two pneumatic orbital sanders, and a couple dozen pipe clamps.  

I'd still be using my dads 1948 Monkey Wards 8" tilting table, table saw if I hadn't gotten such a good deal.
Gary

Living under the radar, heading for "off the grid."

It was an old Delta 10 band saw.  It was in great shape, but the owner had the motor cord replaced and when he got it back it ran backwards. He just wanted to get rid of it out of frustration.  I paid $35.  After a little research, I found that the shell of the motor just needed a little twist to get it back to forwards motion.
My 1951 Delta Unisaw that I restored. I LOVE this saw. $400 for the saw, $200 or so in restoration.
Ed
Ed
(04-10-2019, 10:22 AM)KC Wrote: I bought a Performax 16/32 used probably 16 years ago from Harlan Neff, who worked at the San Antonio Woodcraft.  I think I gave him either $600 or $650 for it.  Also bought my JET 18" bandsaw from him a bit before that.  He passed not too long afterward.  I think he knew he was sick and was liquidating to save his wife the bother.  
Sad 

Yes 

What about you?

I have a few. 

100 for a INCA 10" bandsaw
275 for a Clausing VS 16" press
400 for a Powermatic 30A sander
500 for an Oneida cyclone
Every cent I've spent on tools has repaid itself five fold, in either value, or satisfaction.  No regrets, even my TFWW $175 saw vice......
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
250.00 for a Jet 1014 VS mini lathe with a metal stand and bed extension. Also came an EWT scraper (red handle) set of Record tools and Sorby bowl gouge. Also had some calipers.

I had the guy at 225.00 but felt bad so I gave him 250.
Don
Definitely my horizontal router mortiser.  I built version one for about $50 and it was a true game changer for making mortise and tenon joints.  Fast, precise, no more frustration. 

John
Best tool money you've spent