Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)

[Image: XT44B7o.jpg]
[Image: POVKoHf.jpg]
[Image: WhHd47I.jpg]

LOML works with an estate sale operation and this is in the next sale.  Looks to be in great condition.

Right now they're looking at pricing it about $400.

Is this reasonable?
Confused
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Humph, well, no. Those estate sale folks think they have gold in them there hills. This will sit until the last day. For me, at best its worth $100, less if I find anything wrong.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Yeah. It might be worth $400 if it were rebuilt and repainted *properly*.
Semper fi,
Brad

(04-15-2019, 10:01 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Yeah.  It might be worth $400 if it were rebuilt and repainted *properly*.

With all of the right parts, a correct stand, and a retirement light. Even then it might be a stretch.
$75 tops------------------
As said, no way would that bring $400 from a reasonable person.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
100 if it had a retirement light attached, in present condition, not knowing that it has all the parts or the motor works, 50 bucks. The thing is, nobody wants em. Very few people into scrollsaws, and if they are, they go for one of the newer models with things like a quick release to make the constant blade changes easier.
Yea, maybe $100 tops, if someone really liked old iron and wanted a resto project.  Most serious scrollers aren't going to use something like that as their primary saw.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I have seen them in our area for $25--> $50. Lower priced have cord/switch issues, but other wise decent condition
Vintage Delta Scroll saw -- see second post