I have started the process of looking for replacement windows and sliding patio door and also Bay Window. I am looking to do just replacements (sash and tracks as a unit) I have checked Replacement windows by Anderson with their different window material and they are very expensive. 

Today I looked at Sunrise Windows (Restoration grade) Has anyone used these windows and can you give some feedback?? Talked to a salesman and of course he had all the data to show they are the best windows on the market and made comparisons to others. I told him that if I talked to each company they would do the exact same thing. So I am throwing it out here to see if anyone has these windows and what their thoughts are?? Thanks.
John T.

Loml's house has replacment windows, they suck.

The bay window....lmao, might as well have a hole in the wall.

Ed

(04-28-2019, 08:39 PM)EdL Wrote: Loml's house has replacment windows, they suck.

The bay window....lmao, might as well have a hole in the wall.

Ed

What did you use
John T.

(04-28-2019, 10:28 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: What did you use

They were already there...."custom" made by one of the window companies in Flint.

They are afraid to put their name on them......

If I was adding a bay window, I would step up and go with a new construction one. Eventually that will happen......

Ed

(04-29-2019, 09:51 PM)EdL Wrote: They were already there...."custom" made by one of the window companies in Flint.

They are afraid to put their name on them......

If I was adding a bay window, I would step up and go with a new construction one. Eventually that will happen......

Ed

OH Ok I thought you were saying you used Sunrise windows. Then I would have been interested. Yes the patio door and the Bay window have to be new construction install so there is no problem there. New roof and siding are going on the house next year so whatever they need to do have at it. I just wish I could have heard from some people who have used Sunrise (Restoration series ) windows but I guess not here.
John T.
There are two general types of replacement windows. Full replacement and insert replacement. Full replacement types mean the entire window is replaced, frame and all as a unit. Plusses are sizes often are stock, replacement is pretty straight forward, and the glass area is usually larger. Minusses are replacement is usually done by screwing through the sides into the RO, meaning insulation/sealing is difficult, construction methods can be any type, and tilt in/out easily found.

Insert replacement types  may be less expensive, but installation can be more difficult, glass area is smaller, installation methods vary, and sizes often have to be custom as the original frames are left in place(if the original frames can be used at all). This type seldom looks like original designs.

Having said all that, the windows in our house are the original 1965 wooden frame double hung types. Due to the steel, insulated siding on the house, I will use insert replacement windows, simply because the trim on the siding covers much of the frames of the windows and I do not want to pull the siding.

(04-28-2019, 11:46 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: There are two general types of replacement windows. Full replacement and insert replacement. Full replacement types mean the entire window is replaced, frame and all as a unit. Plusses are sizes often are stock, replacement is pretty straight forward, and the glass area is usually larger. Minusses are replacement is usually done by screwing through the sides into the RO, meaning insulation/sealing is difficult, construction methods can be any type, and tilt in/out easily found.

Insert replacement types  may be less expensive, but installation can be more difficult, glass area is smaller, installation methods vary, and sizes often have to be custom as the original frames are left in place(if the original frames can be used at all). This type seldom looks like original designs.

Having said all that, the windows in our house are the original 1965 wooden frame double hung types. Due to the steel, insulated siding on the house, I will use insert replacement windows, simply because the trim on the siding covers much of the frames of the windows and I do not want to pull the siding.

I too want insert replacements on the double hungs but a new install patio door and bay window. 
John T.
Talked to Window World today. Has anyone used them for replacement windows??  If so what did you get and what was the experience??
John T.
I used them 9 years ago. I brought them in to give a 3rd quote thinking it would be my low cost, throw away quote. They ended up with the job. The warranty was easily the best. The experience was really good. I asked them to do a bit of air sealing as they were insulating around the windows and they happily did it.

Over the years, I've had some seals fail and they replaced them quickly. I need to call them again as I found a broken spring.

I give them a thumbs up. I'm not really a fan of replacement style windows, but that was the budget at that moment, and they delivered.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Oh, the one thing I noticed with the windows is the seal between the double hungs let's a bit of cold air in. They all do. When it's around 0F, I'll get a bit of ice. I'm not sure if more expensive windows have a much better seal.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Window replacement