Lightbulb 

This post has been edited with an updated Video to replace the original teaser. 
The Build document can be found here:
Router Table with Rack and Pinion Parallel Linear Motion DRO Fence.pdf
"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Kewl.... .
The music is certainly dramatic.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Yes... Yes it is
Smile It's taken me months to design and build this beast. I'm traveling to a conference this week and I'll be spending my spare time editing the photos and writing up the build journey. I plan to unveil that story with parts list, cost and sources as an open source tool idea. I've given myself a deadline of 5/5 but I just couldn't help myself and I had to share this teaser to celebrate finishing the build portion. However, I did post the Sketchup drawing to the 3D Warehouse last night, and here is the link. Router Table with Rack and Pinion Linear Motion DRO
Tag for follow up on build thread.

I’m interested in seeing how it locks down once in place.

Duke
(04-29-2019, 12:10 PM)JDuke Wrote: Tag for follow up on build thread.

I’m interested in seeing how it locks down once in place.

Duke

Looks like it locks down with two knobs behind the fence using T nuts in the slots.
Never seen a router table like that.  What's the big box at the back for?  Is that router power and speed control?  It looks like this thing does everything but run its own wood.

(04-29-2019, 02:28 PM)stav Wrote: Never seen a router table like that.  What's the big box at the back for?  Is that router power and speed control?  It looks like this thing does everything but run its own wood.

It is a JessEm - Pow-R-Tek Router Table Motor With Remote Switch. I mounted it on 8020 1.50” X 1.50” Smooth Surface T-Slotted Profile configured in a L shape using corner brackets and milling connectors. It's not really part of the fence/table design, just my router motor choice as an upgrade from a PC690LRVS that I have been using on my old router table for the past 8 years. One of my objectives was complete control of the router motor bit changing and VS control along with the router lift and position locking above the table top. So yeah... everything but run its own wood was pretty much the goal. 
Big Grin
 [Image: DSC0243_2048x.jpg?v=1526671657]
Looks good. BTW, DigiTal readout.

Winkgrin
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
That is absolutely fantastic.
Also Sprach Linear Motion (A Router Table Project)