I am in need of some double stick tape.  I looked at the local big box store, but the only thing they had was carpet tape, which is too thick.

I have a small template I want to temporarily attach to a piece of wood to make 2 copes of the same shape.

So, I figured the turners here would know a good brand and source for double stick tape.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite

https://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/p/85/...erm=double
(05-14-2019, 08:48 PM)Martin S. Wrote: I am in need of some double stick tape.  I looked at the local big box store, but the only thing they had was carpet tape, which is too thick.

I have a small template I want to temporarily attach to a piece of wood to make 2 copes of the same shape.

So, I figured the turners here would know a good brand and source for double stick tape.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Last I bought - carpet tape - was thin adhesive plastic after the waxed paper was peeled.  Stuff was translucent.  Not sure how anything that thin would interfere with your cope, except for gumming the sawdust to your blade.  Though from experience, I would not make a continuous taping, rather use pieces interior to what will become the edge to avoid gummies.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
(05-14-2019, 08:48 PM)Martin S. Wrote: I am in need of some double stick tape.  I looked at the local big box store, but the only thing they had was carpet tape, which is too thick.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Lee Valley,turners tape.Works great.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member

(05-15-2019, 06:44 AM)chips ahoy Wrote: Lee Valley,turners tape.Works great.

Mel

^^^^  Only thing about it is getting if off.
Crazy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.

(05-16-2019, 12:17 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: ^^^^  Only thing about it is getting if off.
Crazy

LV turning tape can be stronger than wood in some cases!
Wink  No other double sided tapes I have used are as strong. I have used it in place of a toggle clamp in some sled cuts on the tablesaw.

Simon
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Woodcraft carries it.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
This is worth a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8i8qEnHA58
Ag
Double Stick tape?