Bought one. Wen is the brand. 15A and not the least expensive of the ones I could afford. I cut down about 100 feet of privet hedge that was 6 feet tall. Also have several tree limbs to deal with. Burning is not a good option. Two burn seasons, mid Mar/ mid Apr and October. Always leaves a large burned spot in the yard. 

I used to repair pro model wood chippers(the kind with 4/6 cyl engines) so have a pretty good idea how they work and what they can do. I don't expect this one  to do much more than twigs. I just have a LOT of twigs!!!!!  And holes in the yard(puppies) in which to put the mulch.

We shall see.
Uhoh
Uhoh
Big Grin

15A doesn't sound heavy duty. So is it on wheels, pullable like a wood splitter?

What brand? DR maybe? DR has a tractor mount I'd like to have.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(05-16-2019, 03:21 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: 15A doesn't sound heavy duty. So is it on wheels, pullable like a wood splitter?

What brand? DR maybe? DR has a tractor mount I'd like to have.
More accurately a "twig chipper".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzO1aRBnZjQ

https://youtu.be/RzO1aRBnZjQ
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.

(05-16-2019, 03:49 PM)Cooler Wrote: More accurately a "twig chipper".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzO1aRBnZjQ

https://youtu.be/RzO1aRBnZjQ

That is the model I bought. The stuff I will feed is about that size---although much more leafy. I have loppers to trim if necessary.

I always burned in the past. Left a large burn scar on the yard(I burned the stalks and leaves of a large stand of decorative grass). It took several hours and was quasi legal(area was on a property line and near a wood fence).

By having one I own, I can take my time and not overwork the machine. I did buy a 2 year replacement warranty for $18.
(05-16-2019, 02:40 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Bought one. Wen is the brand. 15A and not the least expensive of the ones I could afford. I cut down about 100 feet of privet hedge that was 6 feet tall. Also have several tree limbs to deal with. Burning is not a good option. Two burn seasons, mid Mar/ mid Apr and October. Always leaves a large burned spot in the yard. 

I used to repair pro model wood chippers(the kind with 4/6 cyl engines) so have a pretty good idea how they work and what they can do. I don't expect this one  to do much more than twigs. I just have a LOT of twigs!!!!!  And holes in the yard(puppies) in which to put the mulch.

We shall see.
Uhoh
Uhoh
Big Grin

The ash from the burn is good for compost, bug repellent in beds, ...well a ton of things. If you put a ring of rocks around the burn spot it's a camp fire ring
Smile
(05-16-2019, 02:40 PM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: Bought one. Wen is the brand. 15A and not the least expensive of the ones I could afford. I cut down about 100 feet of privet hedge that was 6 feet tall. Also have several tree limbs to deal with. Burning is not a good option. Two burn seasons, mid Mar/ mid Apr and October. Always leaves a large burned spot in the yard. 

We shall see.
Uhoh
Uhoh
Big Grin

I bought an Earthquake chipper for leaves and thin twigs. I chopped up leaves for about two hours, shut it off to get a cup of coffee. Came back and the chipper would not start. Ran fine til I stopped for coffee. Made sure electric was good. Did everything but remove motor. Took it back to Lowes and got money back. I only had the machine for about 4 hours. Went to HF and bought their gas chipper and mulcher. This was 4 years ago, HF machine runs great. I think I paid at least 4x as much for the HF but worth it to me.

mike
that looks pretty useful.  Lots of stuff that size in the yard.
My house backs up to a nature preserve.  I just haul branchs and vegitation to the preserve and let it compost.  The "nature preserve" is a buffer space separating homes from the shopping mall.  It is about 150 yards deep and about one mile long.  It is untended and left wild, so the branches do not interfere with anyone or anything.  

The preserve did probably have something to do  with the redtail hawk that nested in my backyard for an entire summer.  A bunch of outdoor cats went missing that summer.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I used an electric chipper from HF some years ago, but once I got my cheap-o HF 4x8 trailer, I just pile the stuff as high as I can, spilling out all over the place, strap it down so I don't lose too much, and take it to the town's DPW site and dump it.  Year-round brush dumping for residents.  
Winkgrin  

They hire a tub grinder a once or twice a year and chip it all up for folks to use as mulch.  Free, but you have to load it yourself.

[attachment=18421]

Come to think of it, that dog house in the background has to go.  Today and tomorrow (only) is spring clean-up, and I can haul it to the DPW and toss it out.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Finally got the chipper. I cut down about 60 privet hedge plants, largest diameter maybe 1&1/2". Have to trim since the feed orifice is only about 2" in diameter with a keyhole slot about 4" long and an inch wide.

Works well for what it is. Does not do small twig ends or leaves on branches. Those eventually caused a clog. I used it for three hours straight in the morning and again this afternoon.

If you have small limbs, it makes decent chip mulch.
Electric wood chipper(performance report)