I just got one of those old (very heavy) Delta tenon jigs for $45.00. I'm going to clean it up and put her to use. Anyone else have one? They look like this (not mine)

https://i.postimg.cc/gjbncxYC/9610-A.jpg
Now where is that chisel

I've got a couple.  Been using those from time to time over the last 30 years.  They are extremely popular with woodworkers.  Nothing on the market today is as heavy and accurate.  $45.00 is a good price.  They usually go for $250.00 or so when put in front of knowledgable buyers.  Known as the Delta 1172 or 34-172.

They were made for the table geometry of the Delta Unisaw and the Delta tilting table saw (1160).  For my left tilt Powermatic 66, I found that moving the miter gauge bar over to the left a few inches made a difference in convenience since the 66 tilts opposite from the Unisaw.

[attachment=18595]

cutting a tenon slot

[attachment=18596]

Modifications for a Powermatic 66

[attachment=18597]
side view

[attachment=18598]
cutting a drawer joint with an Infinity 1/4" square cut blade.
Yeah, you got a helluva deal at $45....
Yes
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(05-27-2019, 10:04 PM)Smashedfinger Wrote: I just got one of those old (very heavy) Delta tenon jigs for $45.00. I'm going to clean it up and put her to use. Anyone else have one? They look like this (not mine)

https://i.postimg.cc/gjbncxYC/9610-A.jpg

I don't have one but made a new tote for a guy who broke his by accident. He said he bought new 20+ years before he broke the tote. 
Looked and felt like a winner to me. My own tenon jig is a wooden shop made. I asked him if he wanted to sell it. He told me to go to hell. 

mike
Here it is before and after cleaning up.....

https://postimg.cc/gallery/197l8z7po/
Now where is that chisel

That looks like a keeper for sure.  You did a good job of cleaning it up.

Speaking of totes (handle),  On one of my jigs, the casting was rather rounded over and the tote didn't fit well.  It rocked a little and wouldn't stay tight.  I mixed sawdust and epoxy and stuck it up in side of the relief cut on the tote, screwed it down, and its now solid as a rock.   First, put paste wax on things you don't want epoxy sticking to. 

[attachment=18691]
I'll have to admit; after seeing what these were selling for on Ebay; I sold it. Although Ebay is getting to where all the profit is being sucked up by their fees and my own State taxing everything sold on there at 10%; not to mention the 80.00 cost of shipping. I'm trying to find another on CL. till then, it's back to the bandsaw for tenons.
Now where is that chisel
I have one too. Paid around the same price, but I havent done anything with it yet, could probably use a cleanup.

(06-06-2019, 11:55 AM)EvilTwin Wrote: I have one too.  Paid around the same price, but I havent done anything with it yet, could probably use a cleanup.

I have a tenon jig but haven't used it much.  I cleaned it up last year in anticipation of some business coming it's way... A nice door for an interior room and cabinets... But those projects were put on hold. 
Rolleyes
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I have one that was given to me four, five years ago, new in the box. I've only used it on one project, and don't know when I'll use it again, but I'd rather have it sitting, waiting on a job, than gone and needed later.

Not only that, but it's cool as hell.

As mentioned by some of the others, I had to modify mine to work on my PM66. I simply screwed a piece of 3/4" ply to one face to make it work. I'll eventually get the bottom drilled instead.
Semper fi,
Brad

Old Delta tenon jig for tablesaw