I wouldn't pay this but maybe somebody would. Not mine...

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/d/c...29653.html
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11

(06-11-2019, 01:08 PM)Scott W Wrote: I wouldn't pay this but maybe somebody would. Not mine...

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/d/c...29653.html

Big eek

I found a new-in-box unit on the local craigslist right around the time they went out of production.  Very nice piece of gear, but whooboy.  That kinda coin might tempt Rob to dust off the tooling and restart production.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
What a L00ney Tune, and to justify with typical Bay Bombs.
Gosh, I have a NIB one, never opened...it was the last Tucker before they ran out...hmmmm...

(06-12-2019, 04:34 AM)kwadams Wrote: Gosh, I have a NIB one, never opened...it was the last Tucker before they ran out...hmmmm...

Better rent a safe deposit box to store it in.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Better call my insurance company to have it scheduled on my homeowners!
The vise pictured is the same vise that sold back in Dec 2017 for $2500 so it appears that OP never used the vise (and neither did the previous owner according to the ebay ad).  I remember only sold on here either last year or 2017 for just over $1000.
I am just curious.. why is this vise so expensive .. I am asking due to ignorance, not attacking the price.
What does it do that other vices can't do , which makes it so desirable?

(06-12-2019, 09:04 AM)paulJohnstoneJr Wrote: I am just curious.. why is this vise so expensive .. I am asking due to ignorance, not attacking the price.
What does it do that other vices can't do , which makes it so desirable?

I was wondering the same.  I am sure it's nice
..but $2500?  I could see if it was vintage and rare that way... but hey maybe somebody that has $2500 disagrees
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(06-12-2019, 09:49 AM)Scott W Wrote: I was wondering the same.  I am sure it's nice
..but $2500?  I could see if it was vintage and rare that way... but hey maybe somebody that has $2500 disagrees

Another vote from me for...HUH?
Confused
Tucker...lee valley