While working on a longer-term cabinet, I needed a break from a lot of board planing and rabbeting.

In the last few months I have gotten to where I can straighten saw plates pretty much to my satisfaction.  So some saws I would have skipped before, I now try to fix.  Here is one that's pretty interesting.  We've all seen big Disston No. 7 saws, but this one at 6ppi has an especially thin plate.  I think it was a rip saw but there was enough fleam in the teeth (which mostly had to be jointed off) that it's possible it was crosscut.  Anyway, if this one fixes up nice, it will probably be the thinnest-plate 26" saw I've come across:

[attachment=18879]

Another wonderful discovery as I looked at ways to join some Ash boards I had resawn...  Hide glue is indeed Reversible!
Smile

[attachment=18880][attachment=18881]

Chris
Chris

Chris, did you intend for the glue joint to come apart?  
Winkgrin   Did you just wet it?  I am working with some ash laminations for a Moxon bench right now.  I find that hide glue sometimes shows the glue line a bit more than a resin glue, so I'm using Titebond.
Hi Mike,

I think I just got the award for the stupidest (went flat) joke
Smile

I haven't actually reversed my hide-glue joints (yet).  I just reversed the bottle as shown.  Bad pun!

I like using Franklin's liquid hide glue.  But there are other projects where I will use up whatever bottle is fullest on my shelf.

Chris
Chris

(06-18-2019, 02:44 PM)C. in Indy Wrote: Hi Mike,

I think I just got the award for the stupidest (went flat) joke
Smile

I haven't actually reversed my hide-glue joints (yet).  I just reversed the bottle as shown.  Bad pun!

I like using Franklin's liquid hide glue.  But there are other projects where I will use up whatever bottle is fullest on my shelf.

Chris

Just watch the exp. dates on your glue, especially hide glue.   Ok,

Ok, now I'm laughing........
Saw Detour from a long project